help > Trouble building auto_EACSF
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Dec 14, 2020  06:12 PM | Chieh-En Tseng
Trouble building auto_EACSF
Dear developers,

Thank you for developing this tool. I'm sorry for what may be some very basic questions. Is it possible to use auto_EACSF on a Mac? I'm trying to build auto_EACSF on a Mac but am running into this error (attached) when using ccmake to build the code. I have installed Qt5, Python3 with itk and numpy, I'm not sure if there is anything else that I need to install? If anyone could provide any guidance it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Best wishes,
Jane
Attachment: cmake_error.txt
Dec 15, 2020  01:12 PM | Juan Prieto - NIRAL
RE: Trouble building auto_EACSF
Hello,

I am sorry you are having some trouble building the application. I looked at the log and it seems that a third party library is the problem. 

I have created a new branch which disables support for DICOM and may solve the issue.

git@github.com:NIRALUser/auto_EACSF.git
branch name: juanprietob-macbuild-patch

Please give it a try and let me know.

Best,

Originally posted by Chieh-En Tseng:
Dear developers,

Thank you for developing this tool. I'm sorry for what may be some very basic questions. Is it possible to use auto_EACSF on a Mac? I'm trying to build auto_EACSF on a Mac but am running into this error (attached) when using ccmake to build the code. I have installed Qt5, Python3 with itk and numpy, I'm not sure if there is anything else that I need to install? If anyone could provide any guidance it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Best wishes,
Jane
Dec 15, 2020  02:12 PM | Martin Styner
Hi Jane
not sure whether autoEACSF still builds on Mac. Older version were able to do so, but we have not built it in a while on the Mac. Not fully sure what the problem with your current compilation is, but it seems to stop with the ITK DICOM building. You may be able to circumvent that by building ITK separately and then pointing the autoEACSF to your ITK build (use ccmake to adjust the ITK location).

Martin
Dec 15, 2020  08:12 PM | Chieh-En Tseng
Dear Dr. Prieto,

Thank you so much for your help! I tried again with this new branch and am running into a new error, if you don't mind having a look. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Jane
Attachment: cmake_error2.txt
Dec 15, 2020  08:12 PM | Chieh-En Tseng
Dear Dr. Styner,

I see, thank you very much for your reply! I will try that as well. 

Best wishes,
Jane
Originally posted by Martin Styner:
Hi Jane
not sure whether autoEACSF still builds on Mac. Older version were able to do so, but we have not built it in a while on the Mac. Not fully sure what the problem with your current compilation is, but it seems to stop with the ITK DICOM building. You may be able to circumvent that by building ITK separately and then pointing the autoEACSF to your ITK build (use ccmake to adjust the ITK location).

Martin
Dec 17, 2020  10:12 PM | Chieh-En Tseng
Dear developers,

Thank you very much for your help with a workaround using Mac. I was still unable to build the code in Mac and I'm now trying to build the code on a Linux machine. I am running into this error: /autofs/cluster/hookerlab/Users/Jane/auto_EACSF-bin/ABC-build/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/vcl/vcl_compiler.h:137:4: error: #error "Dunno about this gcc"
# error "Dunno about this gcc" (more in the attachment). I got this error using both gcc version 6.3.1 and 8.3.1. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this? I ran into another error that nullptr was not declared when using earlier versions of gcc.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best wishes,
Jane
Attachment: cmake_error3.txt
Dec 17, 2020  11:12 PM | Juan Prieto - NIRAL
Dear developers,

Thank you very much for your help with a workaround using Mac. I was still unable to build the code in Mac and I'm now trying to build the code on a Linux machine. I am running into this error: /autofs/cluster/hookerlab/Users/Jane/auto_EACSF-bin/ABC-build/ITK/Modules/ThirdParty/VNL/src/vxl/vcl/vcl_compiler.h:137:4: error: #error "Dunno about this gcc"
# error "Dunno about this gcc" (more in the attachment). I got this error using both gcc version 6.3.1 and 8.3.1. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this? I ran into another error that nullptr was not declared when using earlier versions of gcc.

Best wishes,
Jane
Hello,

The compiled application is available in the downloads section
https://www.nitrc.org/frs/?group_id=1322

The latest version was compiled in Linux el7 but should also work in compatible environments.

Please let me know if this works for you.
Best,
Dec 18, 2020  02:12 PM | Chieh-En Tseng
I see, sorry that I missed that! I will give it a try. Thank you again!

Best wishes,
Jane
Originally posted by Juan Prieto:
Dear developers,

Best wishes,
Jane
Hello,

The compiled application is available in the downloads section
https://www.nitrc.org/frs/?group_id=1322

The latest version was compiled in Linux el7 but should also work in compatible environments.

Please let me know if this works for you.
Best,