user-forum > atlas left and right
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 15, 2021  01:01 PM | Min-Hui Cui
atlas left and right
Hello,

Thanks for this atlas.

We are trying to use Waxholm Space atlas on our SD rat MRI images. But I realized that there's no left and right labels on the atlas. I downloaded all three versions of atlas. It seemed to me that all three versions have only combined regions (no left and right).

But the article (NeuroImage 97 (2014) 374-386) clearly stated that "left and right hemispheres of the brain were delineated individually". Am i missing something? 

Can you please send me the download link of the atlas with left and right delineated and labeled if it's hidden somewhere that i couldn't find?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Min-Hui
Jan 15, 2021  10:01 PM | Eszter Agnes Papp
RE: atlas left and right
Dear Min-Hui,

Thank you for your interest in the Waxholm Space Atlas of the Sprague Dawley Rat Brain.

By "left and right hemispheres of the brain were delineated individually", we meant that both the left and the right side of the brain was traced as they actually look like in the underlying image material, rather than delineating only on one side and then mirroring the atlas as you can find in some other atlases. The delineations are not cut into left and right side. 

Best regards,
Eszter