help > Asymetric Matrices
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 1, 2021  01:02 PM | Maximilian Schulz
Asymetric Matrices
Dear Dr. Zalwesky,

In my research, I would like to look not only at changing functional connectivity within multiple resting state networks but also specifically at changing connectivity between two networks. Of course, since these consist of different numbers of nodes, the matrices are asymmetric. To get around this problem I have taken the matrix of the entire atlas for each subject and set all links that do not reflect the relationship between the two desired networks to zero. My basic question is, if this solution approach fine for this matter? I have attached a picture of a matrix.

Best regards and thank you in advance

Maximilian
Attachment: Unbenannt.PNG
Feb 1, 2021  07:02 PM | Maximilian Schulz
RE: Asymetric Matrices
The first one was the wrong picture, this is the right one
Attachment: Unbenannt.PNG
Feb 2, 2021  01:02 AM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: Asymetric Matrices
Dear Maximillian,

this sounds reasonable. If a connection (pair of regions) is set to zero for all subjects, then that connection is automatically excluded from statistical testing. 

You might also want to consider the directed version of NBS if you have asymmetric matrices. 

Best wishes, 

Andrew

Originally posted by Maximilian Schulz:
Dear Dr. Zalwesky,

In my research, I would like to look not only at changing functional connectivity within multiple resting state networks but also specifically at changing connectivity between two networks. Of course, since these consist of different numbers of nodes, the matrices are asymmetric. To get around this problem I have taken the matrix of the entire atlas for each subject and set all links that do not reflect the relationship between the two desired networks to zero. My basic question is, if this solution approach fine for this matter? I have attached a picture of a matrix.

Best regards and thank you in advance

Maximilian