help > conn toolbox- behavioral regressor.
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 2, 2021  10:03 AM | sandy11
conn toolbox- behavioral regressor.
hi,
I have rs-fMRI data, and I would like to find a correlation between the brain connectivity at resting state and a behavioral measure.
Can I add the behavioral measure as a regressor in the conn toolbox and have the analysis there?
Or should I extract the results of the connectivity and do the analysis on SPSS for example?
Im using conn toolbox.
thank you,
Sandy.
Mar 4, 2021  11:03 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: conn toolbox- behavioral regressor.
Hi Sandy

You may simply import your behavioral measure into CONN in Setup.Covariates (2nd-level) (e.g. use the "covariate tools -> import new covariate data from file" menu), and then in the second-level results tab you may select 'AllSubjects' and 'YourCovariate' and enter a [0 1] between-subjects contrast in in order to define that correlation analysis. 

(also, if you are using CONN's latest release, after entering your covariate in CONN you will find in the second-level results tab directly an option that reads  "does the connectivity between connectivity and  differ from zero?" and you may simply select that option to have CONN define that correlation analysis automatically for you, without having to select 'AllSubjects', etc.)

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by sandy11:
hi,
I have rs-fMRI data, and I would like to find a correlation between the brain connectivity at resting state and a behavioral measure.
Can I add the behavioral measure as a regressor in the conn toolbox and have the analysis there?
Or should I extract the results of the connectivity and do the analysis on SPSS for example?
Im using conn toolbox.
thank you,
Sandy.
Apr 14, 2021  08:04 AM | sandy11
Dear Alfonso,
can you please help me understand how to read the ROI.mat file from this analysis?
- wich variable is represent the r correlation ? 
- can you explain me about the " h , F and p " ?
thank you,
Sandy.

Originally posted by Alfonso Nieto-Castanon:
Hi Sandy

You may simply import your behavioral measure into CONN in Setup.Covariates (2nd-level) (e.g. use the "covariate tools -> import new covariate data from file" menu), and then in the second-level results tab you may select 'AllSubjects' and 'YourCovariate' and enter a [0 1] between-subjects contrast in in order to define that correlation analysis. 

(also, if you are using CONN's latest release, after entering your covariate in CONN you will find in the second-level results tab directly an option that reads  "does the connectivity between connectivity and  differ from zero?" and you may simply select that option to have CONN define that correlation analysis automatically for you, without having to select 'AllSubjects', etc.)

Best
Alfonso
hi,
Im using conn toolbox.
thank you,
Sandy.
Jan 10, 2022  07:01 PM | sandy11
Dear Alfonso, thank you for your answer.
In continuance to your replay, If I would like to do a contrast between two behavioral measures, how can I do this as a covariates?Thank you!

Hi Sandy

Best
Alfonso
hi,
Im using conn toolbox.
thank you,
Sandy.
Jan 11, 2022  01:01 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
Hi Sandy,

In the Results tab, after performing a correlation analysis with the first variable (e.g. by selecting the analysis that reads something like "does the correlation between connectivity and VARIABLE_A differ from zero") you may then click on the "..." menu below and select there the option that reads "add/remove VARIABLE_B as a control covariate" to compute the semipartial correlation between connectivity and your first behavioral measure while controlling for the second behavioral measure

(if you prefer to define this same analysis manually, you may enter subject-effects: 'AllSubjects, VARIABLE_A, VARIABLE_B' and a within-subjects contrast: [0 1 0])

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Dear Alfonso, thank you for your answer.
In continuance to your replay, If I would like to do a contrast between two behavioral measures, how can I do this as a covariates?Thank you!

Hi Sandy

Best
Alfonso
hi,
Im using conn toolbox.
thank you,
Sandy.
Jan 18, 2022  09:01 AM | sandy11
Dear Alfonso, thank for your replay.
I'm trying to compare between my 2 behavioral meassures, In order to do so, I chose them both and select behavior 1 > behavior 2 [-1 1].
Is it ok to make the contrast in this way? 
Thank you.