sdm-help-list > FWE correction stays at 93%
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 18, 2021  11:03 AM | karthik krish - the hong kong polytechnic university
FWE correction stays at 93%
Dear all,

I am running a between-group meta-analysis which consist of 41 data entries. The pre-processing and mean estimation steps were completed successfully. But while estimating FWE correction, the processing status during "Getting null distribution" stayed at 93% and it did not attain 100% even running the program beyond the estimated time point about 24 hrs. The processing status button displayed "yellow" without any error messages.

I checked the memory and space in my system. Everything seems to be fine. Followed by, I quit the program and restarted the system before tried running the analysis again for twice. But, both times the program exactly stops at 93% during FWE processing. I have no clue of why this happens and how to get rid of?  

It would be thankful if anyone could give me a solution to sort out this issue. Thanks in advance.
Mar 25, 2021  01:03 AM | Nanfang Pan - HMRRC
RE: FWE correction stays at 93%
Hi,

I confronted the exact same problem when I conducted FWE correction in SDM-PSI. No matter how many times I tried in Windows or Linux system, the error stayed the same. Later on, I checked the data in SDM table, and it happened that one variable was missing. The SDM carried out FWE correction successfully after I had filled the blank.

Hope this help.
Nanfang
Mar 25, 2021  04:03 AM | karthik krish - the hong kong polytechnic university
Hi Nanfang,

Thank you for your reply. 

I thoroughly checked both SDM table with its corresponding .txt files and the entries in it to determine whether there is any missing values. But, the files seem to be fine and I could not see any missing variables in the SDM table or values in .txt files. 

I attached the .SDM table screenshots for your reference.  

It would be thankful if you could inspect them and guide me further. 

Thanks,
Best,
Karthik.
Attachment: SDMtable_2parts.JPG
Apr 6, 2021  07:04 PM | Andrew Northrop
Hi Karthik,

I'm having this exact problem as well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to solve it myself. I checked the SDM table I was using multiple times, and I tried recreating the entire table, but my FWE correction stays at 93%. The preprocessing and mean analysis functions are working fine.

Have you figured out the problem since your last post? Any help from you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.
Apr 8, 2021  06:04 PM | Kenneth Yuen
Unfortunately I have the same issue -- FWE permutation freezed at 25%. With the same dataset I got the same issue when I run the analysis on a MacBookPro, or a Windows based server. Checked sdm_table already and there should not be any missing values.

Any input to solve the problem is appreciated. Thanks a lot!