help > Smoothing kernel in CONN
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 29, 2021  03:03 PM | vst
Smoothing kernel in CONN
I'm a new user in CONN. I was recently shown how to run an ROI - ROI bivariate correlation analysis for a project examining functional connectivity among different brain regions during an fMRI task. Does anyone happen to know how I can retrospectively check what smoothing kernel was used during the preprocessing stage of this analysis? I believe the default in CONN is 8mm, but we want to make sure this wasn't manually changed during the set-up. Many thanks in advance!
Apr 9, 2021  09:04 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Smoothing kernel in CONN
Hi,

You may check your project log for that information (from the GUI select 'Tools. Log History', or manually edit the logfile.txt file in your conn_* project folder). Typically, though, for ROI-to-ROI analyses the chosen smoothing level does not matter, as the ROIs will typically be extracted from the unsmoothed functional data (you may check these settings in the Setup.ROIs tab, selecting your ROIs and looking at the option that reads something along the lines of 'computing average timeseries... from secondary dataset #2 (unsmoothed volumes)')

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by vst:
I'm a new user in CONN. I was recently shown how to run an ROI - ROI bivariate correlation analysis for a project examining functional connectivity among different brain regions during an fMRI task. Does anyone happen to know how I can retrospectively check what smoothing kernel was used during the preprocessing stage of this analysis? I believe the default in CONN is 8mm, but we want to make sure this wasn't manually changed during the set-up. Many thanks in advance!