help > Notes on compiling vaa3d on windows
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 2, 2021  06:04 AM | jazzbrain
Notes on compiling vaa3d on windows
Official installation tutorial website: https://github.com/Vaa3D/Vaa3D_Wiki/wiki...
There is basically nothing wrong with compiling vaa3d following the steps in the tutorial above, but there are a few things to note.
Firstly,he command line in the installation method is done in Visual Studio X64 Win64 Command Prompt (2013), i.e. VS2013 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt. don't use it as a normal cmd, or any other version.
Secondly,at this step of TIFF, don't forget to copy all headers(.h) in tiff-x.x.x\libtiff to v3d_main\common_lib\include.Otherwise there will be a lot of errors with files not being found.
Thirdly,after cmke tiff, ALL_BUILD.vcxproj will be generated,then note that if you click Build Solution in BUILD directly, there may be an error, so right-click ALL_BUILD and select Project Only, then click Build Only ALL_BUILD.
The most important point is that there are currently four files that may be missing. They are....
\terafly\src\terarepo\src\imagemanager\MultiCycleVolume.cpp
\terafly\src\terarepo\src\imagemanager\MultiSliceVolume.cpp
\terafly\src\terarepo\src\imagemanager\ComposedVolume.cpp
\terafly\src\terarepo\src\stitcher\TPAlgoLQP.cpp
I'm sure someone will upload these missing files later, otherwise the compilation of the main program will fail.
Apr 2, 2021  06:04 AM | jazzbrain
RE: Notes on compiling vaa3d on windows
Also, be aware of other software on your computer that may have an impact on the compilation results if the environment is not clean, such as anaconda, which can cause unexpected errors if not handled properly. The rest of the steps are basically fine if you follow the tutorial.
May 12, 2021  06:05 PM | allepalma
Originally posted by jazzbrain:
Official installation tutorial website: https://github.com/Vaa3D/Vaa3D_Wiki/wiki...
There is basically nothing wrong with compiling vaa3d following the steps in the tutorial above, but there are a few things to note.
Firstly,he command line in the installation method is done in Visual Studio X64 Win64 Command Prompt (2013), i.e. VS2013 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt. don't use it as a normal cmd, or any other version.
Secondly,at this step of TIFF, don't forget to copy all headers(.h) in tiff-x.x.x\libtiff to v3d_main\common_lib\include.Otherwise there will be a lot of errors with files not being found.
Thirdly,after cmke tiff, ALL_BUILD.vcxproj will be generated,then note that if you click Build Solution in BUILD directly, there may be an error, so right-click ALL_BUILD and select Project Only, then click Build Only ALL_BUILD.
The most important point is that there are currently four files that may be missing. They are....
\terafly\src\terarepo\src\imagemanager\MultiCycleVolume.cpp
\terafly\src\terarepo\src\imagemanager\MultiSliceVolume.cpp
\terafly\src\terarepo\src\imagemanager\ComposedVolume.cpp
\terafly\src\terarepo\src\stitcher\TPAlgoLQP.cpp
I'm sure someone will upload these missing files later, otherwise the compilation of the main program will fail.

Hi, I am trying to perform the installation on Windows as well and I run in the same issue with the two files you indicated here. Did you find them anywhere? 
May 13, 2021  04:05 AM | jazzbrain
https://github.com/JazzBrain/src
I've uploaded it to my github, you can fill in the missing parts in the appropriate places.