sdm-help-list > conjunction analysis comparing multiple studies same task Vs mega-analysis of 10 studies
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 15, 2021  09:04 PM | Molly Rowlands
conjunction analysis comparing multiple studies same task Vs mega-analysis of 10 studies
Hello, 

I'm planning to run a conjunction analysis using SDM to compare the activations in two different types cognitive tasks (where the two cognitive tasks of comparison were completed individually in independent studies). For the first cognitive task (task 1), I've collected multiple sets of statistical maps (where possible) and peak co-ordinates for each study (approx. 30 studies and the corresponding 30 maps/peaks). For the second cognitive task (task 2), I have one single statistical map, a mega-analysis of 10 studies. Is this a valid conjunction analysis, given that the input for task 2 is just one statistical map, as it's composed of multiple studies? Or do I need to re-do the analysis on SPM to extract the 10 statistical maps from each individual study contained in the mega-analysis map?

Happy to clarify further if anything is unclear. (I'm new to both SDM and SPM)

Thanks in advance! 

Molly
Apr 19, 2021  08:04 AM | Molly Rowlands
RE: conjunction analysis comparing multiple studies same task Vs mega-analysis of 10 studies
Any guidance? 
Originally posted by Molly Rowlands:
Hello, 

I'm planning to run a conjunction analysis using SDM to compare the activations in two different types cognitive tasks (where the two cognitive tasks of comparison were completed individually in independent studies). For the first cognitive task (task 1), I've collected multiple sets of statistical maps (where possible) and peak co-ordinates for each study (approx. 30 studies and the corresponding 30 maps/peaks). For the second cognitive task (task 2), I have one single statistical map, a mega-analysis of 10 studies. Is this a valid conjunction analysis, given that the input for task 2 is just one statistical map, as it's composed of multiple studies? Or do I need to re-do the analysis on SPM to extract the 10 statistical maps from each individual study contained in the mega-analysis map?

Happy to clarify further if anything is unclear. (I'm new to both SDM and SPM)

Thanks in advance! 

Molly