help > Corrupted mat file - unable to open?
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 11, 2021  03:06 PM | Kylie Isenburg
Corrupted mat file - unable to open?
Hi all, 

Last night I finished working on some analysis in Conn and got to the point of QA after denoising. The project saved with no errors and this morning when I went to open it, the file is unable to open due to unexpected end of file. It seems like my mat file has been somehow corrupted, but I still have the results folder with all of the information up to this point. Is there any way to regenerate the file or recover the contents? 

Best, 
Kylie I.
Jun 11, 2021  10:06 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Corrupted mat file - unable to open?
Hi Kylie,

Yes, if working with a recent version of CONN there will be backup of that corrupted file that you should be able to use. For example, if your original/corrupted project file was stored in:

/somewhere/conn_myproject.mat

there will be a backup version of that same file stored in:

/somewhere/conn_myproject/bakfile.mat

This backup contains a snapshot from the last time your original CONN project was loaded correctly, so using something like:

cp /somewhere/conn_myproject/bakfile.mat /somewhere/conn_myproject.mat
should fix this issue (there may perhaps be some information missing depending on changes that may have occurred since the last time your were able to load this project correctly)

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Originally posted by Kylie Isenburg:
Hi all, 

Last night I finished working on some analysis in Conn and got to the point of QA after denoising. The project saved with no errors and this morning when I went to open it, the file is unable to open due to unexpected end of file. It seems like my mat file has been somehow corrupted, but I still have the results folder with all of the information up to this point. Is there any way to regenerate the file or recover the contents? 

Best, 
Kylie I.