help > Issues with tracing
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 17, 2021  05:06 PM | George Gibbons
Issues with tracing
Hope someone can help.

Been loving playing around with the 3-D rendering options in Vaa3D; however, I am having some major issues. Even if I make just two landmarks, it is impossible to draw a line between them. I get the error: Now Supports UINT8  only in CHECK_DATA_trace_deformablepath MACRO.

It then will spit out the distance but will not allow any visual tracing. Is there something wrong with my methods?

Also; my intention is to track growth cones in 3-D over a period of time. Is there anyway to do a trace from a starting position in 5D?

Cheers
Jun 17, 2021  05:06 PM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: Issues with tracing
Sounds like your open an 16bit data set? If so, you can first convert it to a 8bit volume for display, - you can do it using vaa3d main menu function "data type conversion".

btw we will have some vaa3d seminar series starting next week, - if you are interested in the latest progress esp related to neurons, please let me know and I will put one of our coordinators in touch!
Jun 17, 2021  06:06 PM | George Gibbons
RE: Issues with tracing
Yes extremely silly of me. Reminds me of tracing 2D cells with NeuronJ, yet it didn't twig. Working well now albeit a bit slow. Is there anyway to improve the stability of the program? I'm not CPU (Ive noticed it only utilises one core) or memory bound but I get a lot of freezing and crashes with some of the, I'm guessing, more computationally complex tasks. 

Sure I'd love to hear more about it. Really want to find a smart way to process this 5D data...