open-discussion > vaccum pillow for head fixation
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 8, 2010  10:01 AM | James Keidel
vaccum pillow for head fixation

hello all

I originally posted this at the AFNI forum, and it was recommended that I post my message here:

e are interested in obtaining a vacuum pillow to minimize head motion, as we are performing single-subject presurgical scans and the patients (understandably) often exhibit high to unacceptable amounts of motion. Unfortunately, it's hard to figure out exactly what we need and where to get it from a simple google search.

So I was wondering if you good people would fill me in on what model you use, whether it helps a lot, whether participants tolerate it well, where you got it, how much it costs, etc.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks so much
Feb 2, 2010  09:02 PM | Daniel Glen
RE: vaccum pillow for head fixation
Hi James,
I was hoping you would have received more of a response by now. I had used these many years ago in nuclear medicine and don't remember at all where they came from, but I did a Google scholar search and found the top three brands seem to be Olympic Medical (Vac-pac from Natus), Par Scientific (Vac-fix) and Bionix (also Vac-fix). These have been used in a large number of published studies. You might contact the authors to ask for their impressions.
Mar 4, 2010  02:03 AM | Peter Doile
RE: vaccum pillow for head fixation
I am interested, too