general > FileBuilder is not working properly
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 19, 2021  09:08 AM | Anh Nguyen - Champalimaud centre for the Unknown
FileBuilder is not working properly
Hi,

For some reasons when I upload images on FileBuilder, there's no listing showed, hence no xml files generated. This just happened today and I don't know what was wrong. I'm using the Mac version.
Thank you in advance.

Anh.
Aug 19, 2021  03:08 PM | Gergely Csucs
RE: FileBuilder is not working properly
Dear Anh,

Yes, it can happen when FileBuilder ran successfully once, and started again. Sometimes closing the Terminal application completely helps (a Terminal remains open after running FileBuilder), but it's not a reliable fix. If nothing else helps, you can try rebooting the Mac, which is inconvenient but resets something in the Java subsystem (FileBuilder is a Java application).

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Gergely
Aug 19, 2021  06:08 PM | Anh Nguyen - Champalimaud centre for the Unknown
It did! Thank you.
Sep 2, 2021  03:09 PM | dpalm010
I am using v2.2 (Waxholm Atlas v3) on Windows 10 Education. I wasn't able to launch the File Builder, so I downloaded the File Builder Patch for Windows. It seems to be working ok now, but for some reason it only accepts .PNG, .JPG, or .JPEG. 

Isn't the File Builder supposed to support .Tif as well? I ask since that seems to be the main output of Nutil and the QuickNII manual makes it seem like .Tif should work.
Sep 3, 2021  08:09 AM | Maja Puchades - University of Oslo
Dear Ahn,

Thank you for your question. I will follow up in our EBRAINS support system.

Best, Maja
Sep 13, 2021  12:09 PM | Gergely Csucs
Dear Ahn,

QuickNII itself supports PNG and JPEG images only, that's why FileBuilder doesn't allow creating series from TIFF images.
A possible ambiguity comes from that QuickNII works in screen-space, showing images in typically 1500*1000 pixels resolution, or only a little bit more. And QuickNII actually needs such images, the underlying runtime can't even load an image above 16 megapixels (say 4000x4000 pixels maximum). So most of the time a downscaling step is required (from original images coming from image acquisition equipment, to something screen-sized).
While the analytical tools, like Nutil, can and usually do work with much larger images, often several gigapixels in size, like 150000x100000 pixels, and such images are often easier to handle as TIFF, because it supports tiling for example.
Practically in our laboratory we maintain two sets of images for these workflows, one set of low-resolution images for QuickNII (and https://www.nitrc.org/projects/visualign/), and the actual original images for analysis.

Best regards,
Gergely