help > Undefined function 'spm_inv' for input arguments of type 'double'.
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Sep 17, 2021  08:09 PM | skye
Undefined function 'spm_inv' for input arguments of type 'double'.
Hello,

I'm working with the standalone version of CONN. On the 2nd-level seed-to-voxel tab, when I click on the results explorer, it gets most of the way through the processing and then gives me this error:

ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Undefined function 'spm_inv' for input arguments of type 'double'.
Error in spm_spm (line 443)
Error in conn_process (line 4441)
Error in conn_process (line 56)
Error in conn (line 9553)
Error in conn_menumanager (line 120)
CONN18.b
SPM compiled
Matlab v.2018b
project: CONN18.b

Fair disclosure, I'm new to fMRI analysis and this program.

Any help appreciated!
Sep 20, 2021  07:09 PM | skye
RE: Undefined function 'spm_inv' for input arguments of type 'double'.
Hello,

I was hoping to boost this as well update that I've also received other errors when trying to run other 2nd level analyses. 

I receive this when attempting to run the graph theory function under the ROI-to-ROI tab:

Undefined function 'conn_network' for input arguments of type 'cell'.

Error in conn_displaynetwork (line 77)
Error in conn (line 9557)
CONN18.b
SPM compiled
Matlab v.2018b
project: CONN18.b

And when trying to run the ROI-to-ROI results explorer I get:

Error using conn_freesurfer_read_surf (line 52)
could not open curvature file C:\Users\[name] .DESKTOP-5U4SV6A\AppData\Local\Temp\[name]\mcrCache9.5\conn_40\software\conn\utils\surf\lh.pial.surf.

Error in conn_surf_readsurf (line 38)
Error in conn_displayroi (line 109)
Error in conn (line 9532)
CONN18.b
SPM compiled
Matlab v.2018b

Again apologies if there are obvious answers to this and the other issue, still learning this system.

Looks like I can't proceed with any form of 2nd level analyses. Any help with why I'm running across so many issues would be massively appreciated.
Sep 27, 2021  05:09 PM | skye
Boosting again as I still have yet to determine the root of these issues; can't move forward after a week and a half.
Jun 21, 2022  03:06 PM | alxb
Hi Skye, 

Did you manage to solve this issue ? I ran into the same problem, when loading the T1.mgz obtained from freesurfer as a structural file in the CONN toolbox, I get the following error message : 

"Error using conn_freesurfer_read_surf (line 59) could not open curvature file D:\connectivity\SUB_02\SUB_02_freesurfer\surf\lh.pial."

Many thanks for your help !
Best,  
Alex
Jun 22, 2022  10:06 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
Hi Skye,

Sorry about that! The issue appears to be some problem finding files that should definitely be part of the standalone version, so I am not entirely sure what might be causing it. Have you checked that your version of MCR matches the version of CONN (18b)? I will see if I can re-compile a newer version of CONN for Windows, just in case, and in the meantime of course one possibility that should avoid these issues would be to install the Matlab version (see https://web.conn-toolbox.org/resources/installation for details)

Best
Alfonso

Originally posted by skye:
Boosting again as I still have yet to determine the root of these issues; can't move forward after a week and a half.