open-discussion > preprocessing of fMRI data in fsl
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 26, 2021  01:10 PM | fereshte hoseinian
preprocessing of fMRI data in fsl
Hello everyone
I hope you are doing well.when I preprocess my data(with fsl software) and then fit the model on it(with R software), as result there is a ring around the brainI think the problem is in preprocessing stepwould you please help me?I attached a sample of my resultThank you for your time and consideration in advance.All the best,
Fereshte
Oct 26, 2021  08:10 PM | Surendra Maharjan
RE: preprocessing of fMRI data in fsl
Hello,

Would you find posting a screenshot of your image?

Suren
Oct 27, 2021  11:10 AM | fereshte hoseinian
Thank you for your attention
Attachment: pic.png
Oct 27, 2021  09:10 PM | fereshte hoseinian
Originally posted by fereshte hoseinian:
Hello everyone
I hope you are doing well.when I preprocess my data(with fsl software) and then fit the model on it(with R software), as result there is a ring around the brainI think the problem is in preprocessing stepwould you please help me?I attached a sample of my resultThank you for your time and consideration in advance.All the best,
Fereshte
Oct 28, 2021  01:10 PM | Yunior Cabrales - Biomedical Research and Innovation institute of Cadiz
Dear fereshte,

I was looking to the .pdf file you have shared but unfortunately its resolution is too poor. Could you please load your data into fsleyes and then send a screenshot? I am not quite sure what you mean about a ring around the brain. If you refer to the white pixels it seems like the skull stripping was not very good and what you see is just cerebrospinal fluid. This is just my guess about this low-resolution image. As I mentioned before it would be better to see a good quality image before.
My advice: you should first check your fsl-preprocessed data with fsleyes or any other mri-specialized visualization software before analyzing your data with R or any other statistical-oriented package.

Best
Yunior
Oct 28, 2021  02:10 PM | fereshte hoseinian
I attached a screenshot of my data from fsleyes,
Attachment: pic.png
Oct 28, 2021  06:10 PM | Surendra Maharjan
Hello Fereshte,

The contrast can be changed after processing. Would you mind watching Andrew Jahn videos on fMRI data processing? He has explained this very well.

Other than that, you can change threshold in bet if skull stripping is not adequate.

Many Thanks,
Suren