VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentation
VmtkSlicerModule
VMTKVesselEnhancement
VMTKLevelSetSegmentation
VMTKCenterlines
CommandLineModule
Editor
)

3) Moved to Slicer3-build/ and run make as root <- I've attached the output as a file, but it's not much help.

So make doesn't appear to build anything new. When I open Slicer, I still have the "old" VMTK modules from Slicer's site but none of the new ones. Should I be running "$ ccmake ../Slicer3/" instead? I've tried that and it doesn't affect it either. I'm sure this is some REALLY simple solution, but my brain is fried right now.
Thanks,

Dave Welch

P.S. I've done a little more digging and I have three new Slicer source folders in /usr/local/lib/, /usr/local/share/, and /usr/local/include/. Comparing them with my original build folder, they are NOT copies and they are missing the VMTK modules I'm trying to install! ????
Attachment: output.txt
Feb 3, 2010  05:02 PM | Daniel Haehn
RE: Installation help
Hi Dave,

hey I see you already changed some stuff in the repo!

So to develop additional functionality, I suggest the following environment:

a) build slicer from source
- checkout the latest Slicer sourcecode
- build slicer
- cd Slicer3 (not build)
- run Scripts/extend.tcl Extensions/VmtkSlicerModule.s3ext
- run Scripts/extend.tcl Extensions/VMTKVesselEnhancement.s3ext

then the base VMTK library module gets build and uploaded to the extension server.

now install the VmtkSlicerModule and VMTKVesselEnhancement with the extension wizard in 3D Slicer

b) use slicer nightly build
- download nightly build
- use extension wizard to install VmtkSlicerModule and VMTKVesselEnhancement

You want to modify the python code of VMTKVesselEnhancement, which is at:
~/Slicer3USERNAME/@SVN@/VMTKVesselEnhancement/VMTKVesselEnhancement/

Do your coding, and after each Slicer restart it automatically loads the new code.

When the changes are stable, commit *.py from VMTKVesselEnhancement.

@your install script:
I think the extension build system should be the way to go for distributing the modules. They depend on Slicer 3.5 anyway so the wizard is available to everybody. Nobody has to deal with CMake etc. then. The CMake files are configured for the extension build system. The installation instructions in the repository are outdated :)

Bye,
Daniel

Jul 21, 2011  02:07 PM | Ido Yerushalmy
RE: Installation help
Hi Daniel,
I followed your instructions below in step (a) ONLY and indeed got the latest code for VMTK (the last operation I performed was 'run Scripts/extend.tcl Extensions/VMTKVesselEnhancement.s3ext').
I then performed some changes in the VMTK code, which I would like test via Slicer.

As I understand it, if I use the import wizard you suggested, the VMTK code will be taken from the svn, and NOT from my private version. Is this correct?
I tried to make Slicer use my version by going to: View->Application Settings -> Module settings,  and add the following directory as a preset: C:\Slicer3\Slicer3-ext\VmtkSlicerModule-install\lib\Slicer3\Modules

However, this does not add the VMTK module (even after Slicer has been restarted).

Could you please help with this?

Thanks a lot,
Ido