help > Compare connectivity matrices of two group
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Dec 5, 2021  06:12 AM | mahnaz ashrafi
Compare connectivity matrices of two group
Hi Andrew and everyone,

I want to compare connectivity matrices of two groups to find the edges that are significantly different between two groups. For each group I have 55 subjects . I put each group matrices in an array which size is 400*400*55 (save as mat file). I defined the design matrix as 2*2 matrix: [1 0; 0 1] (save as txt file). I get an error: Design matrix not found or inconsistent. I can not realize what is the problem. 

Best regards,
Mahnaz
Dec 5, 2021  10:12 AM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: Compare connectivity matrices of two group
Hi Mahnaz

the design matrix should contain as many rows a there are subjects. 

For a t-test, the design matrix would thus have two columns and 55 rows in your case. The first column should includes 1's to indicate the first group and 0's elsewhere. The second column should includes 1's to indicate the second group and zeros elsewhere. 

Contrast: [-1 1] or [1 -1] 

Take a look at the examples for more details in the NBS Manual or click on the Help button for examples. 

best,
Andrew
Originally posted by mahnaz ashrafi:
Hi Andrew and everyone,

I want to compare connectivity matrices of two groups to find the edges that are significantly different between two groups. For each group I have 55 subjects . I put each group matrices in an array which size is 400*400*55 (save as mat file). I defined the design matrix as 2*2 matrix: [1 0; 0 1] (save as txt file). I get an error: Design matrix not found or inconsistent. I can not realize what is the problem. 

Best regards,
Mahnaz