help > Add subject
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 11, 2022  07:01 AM | alexandre
Add subject
Hello everyone,

I have a very basic question:
I would like to add subjects in my setup which contains 2 groups of subjects.
When I add new subjects, they are inserted in the very last positions.
Is there any way to add them in a specific place? Or to reassign them alphabetically according to their group? (They are named like Gp1Sbj1; Gp1Sb2, etc.)?
Thank you,

Alex
Jan 11, 2022  12:01 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Add subject
Hi Alex,

Sorry, subject numbers in CONN are assigned and managed internally. There is a way to reassign them "manually" (see this post https://www.nitrc.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=30180 ) but that is a bit cumbersome and I do not recommend that generally.

That said, you can of course assign subjects to groups in any arbitrary fashion (i.e. subjects within the same group do not need be sequential), by defining for example a "GroupA" 2nd-level covariate with 1's for subjects within this group and 0's for everybody else.

Hope this helps
Alfonso

Originally posted by alexandre :
Hello everyone,

I have a very basic question:
I would like to add subjects in my setup which contains 2 groups of subjects.
When I add new subjects, they are inserted in the very last positions.
Is there any way to add them in a specific place? Or to reassign them alphabetically according to their group? (They are named like Gp1Sbj1; Gp1Sb2, etc.)?
Thank you,

Alex
Jan 12, 2022  07:01 AM | alexandre
RE: Add subject
Since I was at the setup level and had few subjects, the procedure you mentioned works well.
I know I can assign subjects to their group via a second-level covariate and it works great, but having the subjects in the same order as my databases makes my life a little easier ;)

Thanks!