help > How to deal with the project with both resting-state and task-state fMRI data
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 14, 2022  03:01 AM | Qunjun, Liang - South China Normal University
How to deal with the project with both resting-state and task-state fMRI data
Hi CONN experts,

I am processing a experiment that we acquired 3 runs of task-state fMRI and 1 run of resting-state. All data were preprocessed under fMRIprep.

The CONN project was set by importing from fMRIprep, as a result, CONN identified 4 sessions from the dataset which session 1 to 3 were the task-state data, while session 4 was the resting-state data. The conditions were also automatically identified using the *_events.tsv files in the same BIDS directory, including 3 task conditions and a "rest" condition.

I encounter an error when running into the DENOSING step. The process could not finish because the rest data does not have the task condition. Therefore, I want to know if it is a way to deal with task-state and resting-state data in one project using CONN?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Qunjun
Jan 17, 2022  06:01 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: How to deal with the project with both resting-state and task-state fMRI data
Hi Qunjun,

CONN should be able to work with combined task and rest functional data without a problem. Could you please share the specific error message that you are getting when denoising these data to see if that helps me interpret what the issue may be about?

Thanks
Alfonso
Originally posted by Qunjun, Liang:
Hi CONN experts,

I am processing a experiment that we acquired 3 runs of task-state fMRI and 1 run of resting-state. All data were preprocessed under fMRIprep.

The CONN project was set by importing from fMRIprep, as a result, CONN identified 4 sessions from the dataset which session 1 to 3 were the task-state data, while session 4 was the resting-state data. The conditions were also automatically identified using the *_events.tsv files in the same BIDS directory, including 3 task conditions and a "rest" condition.

I encounter an error when running into the DENOSING step. The process could not finish because the rest data does not have the task condition. Therefore, I want to know if it is a way to deal with task-state and resting-state data in one project using CONN?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Qunjun