open-discussion > Mricron Overlay Colors
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 8, 2022  10:02 PM | Mutaz Sarhan - Medical University of South Carolina
Mricron Overlay Colors
Hello,
I am running mricron on a Mac. I am trying to create ROI's in mni space and then overlay them onto a template brain. Each participant has two coordinates  that need to be the same color, and I want each participant to have a different color. Mricron does not have enough colors as I have over 30 participants. Is there anyway to increase the amount of colors?

Also, the max amount of overlays you can have on one image is only 19, not including the background. Is there anyway to increase this amount. Or there a better way to overlay the VOI's onto the template brain?

Thanks in advance.
Feb 8, 2022  11:02 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: Mricron Overlay Colors
You can sum all the drawings into a lesion incidence map 
  Draw/Statistics/CreateOverlapImages
Feb 8, 2022  11:02 PM | Mutaz Sarhan - Medical University of South Carolina
Does that combine all the overlays I have so far?
Also, is there anyway to increase the amount of colors for the overlays?
Feb 9, 2022  02:02 PM | Chris Rorden
1. You can combine as many layers as you want.

2. You can create new color tables and put them in the resources folder. You can clone the Github repository and change the code in any way you wish. I am a single scientist with a heavy teaching, administration and service load, and therefore I have little time for active development. I have moved my own efforts to MRIcroGL, which leverages modern computer hardware.
Feb 9, 2022  05:02 PM | Mutaz Sarhan - Medical University of South Carolina
Using the create overlap images will combine all the layers, but it consolidates them all into one color. is there no way to create colors for each point separately? 
Do you know of any videos of instuctive tutorials on how to change the coding on the color table files? Im not familiar on how to go about doing that.
Feb 9, 2022  06:02 PM | Chris Rorden
It generates a single file, and you can choose different color gradients from the layer menu
  https://people.cas.sc.edu/rorden/mricron/main.html

Details on the color table

https://people.cas.sc.edu/rorden/mricro/...
Feb 9, 2022  07:02 PM | Mutaz Sarhan - Medical University of South Carolina
I can combine each participant into a file by itself and generate a different color for each layer. The issue is that Mricron only allows 19 layers, which is not enough. I can combine all my images into one file, but because all the images are on one layer I can't generate multiple colors within a single layer.  I have a file open with 19 layers, is there anway to save the file as a single image with all the layers and different colors in tact. I would be more than happy to meet over zoom or over the phone if messaging does not work.