help > How to swap data for participants in existing project
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 30, 2022  04:04 PM | Meishan Ai
How to swap data for participants in existing project
Hello!

I wonder if I can swap participants data after I already created this project? I have a CONN project which the preprocessing and 1st level analysis were already done, but I found out that I used a participant's data from a wrong timepoint. Now I will need to update this participant's data and re-run all the steps.

I read from other posts that I can added new participants by creating another project and merge them with the old one. But what about swapping the data for existing participant? 

Thank you!
Meishan
May 4, 2022  11:05 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: How to swap data for participants in existing project
Hi Meishan,

You may simply change the data for that participant and then re-run the corresponding steps only for that individual subject, for example:

a) change in Setup.functional tab the functional data for this individual participant

b) (optionally) if the functional data for this participant has not been preprocessed yet, then you need to run preprocessing on this participant only. To do that, in the preprocessing tab select the same preprocessing pipeline as for the rest of the subjects and then uncheck the 'all subjects' tab and select this participant only in order to run preprocessing only on this subject's data (you might want to skip the anatomical preprocessing steps if this subject's anatomical data has already been preprocessed and it's only the functional data which has been updated)

and c) re-run CONN's Setup/Denoising/First-level analysis steps again unchecking the 'all subjects' option when prompted and selecting this subject only before running each of those steps

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Meishan Ai:
Hello!

I wonder if I can swap participants data after I already created this project? I have a CONN project which the preprocessing and 1st level analysis were already done, but I found out that I used a participant's data from a wrong timepoint. Now I will need to update this participant's data and re-run all the steps.

I read from other posts that I can added new participants by creating another project and merge them with the old one. But what about swapping the data for existing participant? 

Thank you!
Meishan
May 6, 2022  02:05 PM | Meishan Ai
RE: How to swap data for participants in existing project
Thank you so much, Alfonso! That makes sense, I will try that with my data.