sdm-help-list > forest plots
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jun 25, 2022  05:06 PM | Jeanne Yang
forest plots
Hello experts!

Quick question. How to make the forest plots for meta-analytic results of AES-SDM? I was questioned by the reviewer to report the forest plots, and I don't know how to deal with it.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated!

Jeanne
Jul 26, 2022  09:07 AM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
RE: forest plots
Dear Jeanne

With AES-SDM you cannot perform the forest plot. You shoudl extract the mask of the signigficant peaks, and the use tha mask to exctract the values for each study. Then, with this data you can use another software like R, to make the forest plot.

Kind regards, 
Lydia
Jul 26, 2022  01:07 PM | Feng Liu
Dear Lydia,

As you said, one can extract the mask of the signigficant peaks and use R to generate forest plot. But in this way, we cannot guarantee the overall effect in the forest plot is still significant, right? Because in AES-SDM, the significance was estimate by randomization rather than the significance directly derived from random-effect analysis such as R "metafor", right?

Best,
Feng

Originally posted by Lydia Fortea:
Dear Jeanne

With AES-SDM you cannot perform the forest plot. You shoudl extract the mask of the signigficant peaks, and the use tha mask to exctract the values for each study. Then, with this data you can use another software like R, to make the forest plot.

Kind regards, 
Lydia
Sep 14, 2022  10:09 AM | trista_yi
Hi Feng

Did you extract only the initial effect size (corresponding to the row of "study_I00000" in the report) or all the data in the report(plus those obtained after imputation) when you plotted the forest plot?

Best

Yi