help > failure in depicting DTI (TBSS) results
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 10, 2022  02:08 PM | Asuka Toyofuku
failure in depicting DTI (TBSS) results
Hi, everyone. I've researched using DTI (especially TBSS), and I have a question about settings in MRIcroGL.
I'd like to display the DTI results (which looks significant in FSL) to make a figure in MRIcroGL. However, the p-value in in MRIcroGL (darkest = 0, brightest = 0.978662) is smaller than the one in FSL (0.988588). Maybe because of this, the depicted significant areas look way smaller in MRIcroGL.
When I overlaid the mean skeleton file (which is green thick lines), the results are too small to be seen.
If you experienced a similar phenomenon, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how you dealt with it!
Aug 12, 2022  05:08 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: failure in depicting DTI (TBSS) results
You can always change the "Darkest" and "Brightest" values in the Layers panel to set the desired contrast and brightness. In the Layers panel the Options pull down menu also has a toggle for "Load Smooth Overlays" that can influence the appearance of volumes.
Aug 13, 2022  09:08 AM | Asuka Toyofuku
RE: failure in depicting DTI (TBSS) results
Hi Chris!
Thank you so much for your reply. 

You're right, and that's exactly the problem I'm facing...
When i change values to the darkest = 0.95 and the brightest = 1.00 ('cos p< 0.05 is what we want to display), the significant area looks so small, and the smoothing didn't change this too much.
I was wondering this might be because the initial brightest value (the one when i upload the image in MRIcroGL) is different from the initial brightest values in FSL in the first place.

But anyway, I really appreciate your kind reply!!