sdm-help-list > Questions about data extraction and manually do meta-regression
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 24, 2022  02:08 AM | Guochun Yang
Questions about data extraction and manually do meta-regression
Dear experts,

Given that the current SDM software does not allow complex regressions (e.g., non-linear regression, see this post), I am thinking to extract data and apply the meta-regression in R. However, I encountered several questions.

(1) Is it acceptable to extract the results based on the imputations of the simplest analysis, such as a Mean analysis, and then apply other analysis manually on the extracted data?

(2) To conduct other analysis, I probably need to extract the results for each voxel. An exhaustive way could be creating a mask for each voxel, which is apparently infeasible. Is there an easy way to achieve this?

(3) I wonder if the .sdmimage.bin files in the mi/i00** folder could be read into R or Matlab, or if they could be converted into nifti files? I found a function sdmimage2nii.exe, which seems to do this work, but when I ran the code
.\sdmimage2nii.exe MyFile.sdmimage.bin MyFile.nii.gz 1
it simply displays (without reporting error)
File loaded
but did not create the MyFile.nii.gz file at all.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Best,
Guochun
Mar 17, 2023  04:03 PM | Guochun Yang
RE: Questions about data extraction and manually do meta-regression
Hi experts,

Sorry to bother again. These same questions are still haunting me. Could you please give me any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Guochun
Apr 14, 2023  01:04 PM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
Dear Gouchun, 

Sorry for the late response.

1) If possible, we would recommend specifying the meta-regression in SDM, e.g., using the regressors x and x^2 for a quadratic regression; but if you really want to perform other type of regressions you are free to do them.

2) As you asked in the point 3, you can conver the sdmimga.bin into nifti and then use those images for further analysis

3) in the third parameter of the function, you should add the number of voxeles in the image depending of the size of your voxel (2mm: 193768; 4mm: 24294; 8mm: 3038)

Please not that the extracted valoes of the mean analysis are safe for the mean analysis but may be slightly biased for other analyses, because the imputation calculations conduct an internal leave-one-out analysis to avoid biases but only in the direction of the analysis conducted.

Best,
Lydia
Apr 15, 2023  12:04 AM | Guochun Yang
This helps a lot. Thanks!