help > Regressing the effect of a task (DPAPBI and CONN)
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Sep 13, 2022  04:09 AM | Joan Amos - University of Electronic Science and Technology
Regressing the effect of a task (DPAPBI and CONN)
Dear Conn Experts,

Joan here. Thanks so much for your great CONN toolbox, it has really been helpful.

I have one question:

It is possible to import a matrix whose time series for each brain region has been extracted already in DPABI into CONN for regressing the influence of a task?

I realized that in the denoising tab, i can regress the influence of a task by putting it in as a confounder, but not sure if its possible to do it when the time series has been extracted already by providing the onset and duration information of each task condition.

Thanks for your response.
Joan
Sep 27, 2022  10:09 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Regressing the effect of a task (DPAPBI and CONN)
Dear Joan,

Yes, you may simply import any external timeseries in your project's Setup.Covariates (1st-level) tab, and then later add that covariate to the confounder's list in the Denoising tab if you want to regresss out its effect from the BOLD signal at each voxel. 

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Joan Amos:
Dear Conn Experts,

Joan here. Thanks so much for your great CONN toolbox, it has really been helpful.

I have one question:

It is possible to import a matrix whose time series for each brain region has been extracted already in DPABI into CONN for regressing the influence of a task?

I realized that in the denoising tab, i can regress the influence of a task by putting it in as a confounder, but not sure if its possible to do it when the time series has been extracted already by providing the onset and duration information of each task condition.

Thanks for your response.
Joan