open-discussion > To find out which pairs of gray matter labels have connections through a user-defined ROI
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Sep 20, 2022  03:09 AM | Wang Fengting
To find out which pairs of gray matter labels have connections through a user-defined ROI
Hi experts,

I defined my ROIs as ablation regions located in the anterior limb of internal capsule, and tried to find pairs of gray matter labels that have connections through these regions. However, the results.txt said that 0.00%of the selected ROI is used in this analysis. Can anyone tell me what is the problem?

Many thanks,
Frances.
Sep 20, 2022  02:09 PM | Konstantinos Arfanakis - Illinois Institute of Technology
RE: To find out which pairs of gray matter labels have connections through a user-defined ROI
Hi Frances,

It sounds like your ROI is not in IIT space. To make sure the ROI is in IIT space, you can open the mean FA template (IITmean_FA.nii.gz), or the mean T1 template (IITmean_t1.nii.gz), or any other template of the IIT atlas as reference and draw the ROI based on the template you see in the background. Just make sure you use the matrix size you are interested in. The IIT atlas is available in 182x218x182 or 256x256x256; the latter templates have filenames that end with _256. Make sure you pick the matrix size you want. An ROI defined in one matrix size will not work in the other. By using an IIT template as background, you ensure that the generated ROI is located in IIT space. Please let us know if you continue having problems.

Regards,
Konstantinos
Sep 25, 2022  10:09 AM | Wang Fengting
RE: To find out which pairs of gray matter labels have connections through a user-defined ROI
Dear exports,

Thank you very much for the timely reply. I have registered the individual T1 to the IITmean_t1.nii.gz and drew my ROI based on the IITmean_t1 template by both MRIcron and ITK-SNAP. However, the result.txt still said that 0.00% of the selected ROI is used in this analysis and 100.00%of the ROI is located outside of the white matter. Nevertheless, it gave me the analysis results of most possible connections which were consistent with the literature reports.  Can I still use these results? What is the problem? 

Thanks again for the excellent work.

Best regards,
Frances.
Sep 27, 2022  08:09 AM | Wang Fengting
Originally posted by Wang Fengting:
Dear exports,

Thank you very much for the timely reply. I have registered the individual T1 to the IITmean_t1.nii.gz and drew my ROI based on the IITmean_t1 template by both MRIcron and ITK-SNAP. However, the result.txt still said that 0.00% of the selected ROI is used in this analysis and 100.00%of the ROI is located outside of the white matter. Nevertheless, it gave me the analysis results of most possible connections which were consistent with the literature reports.  Can I still use these results? What is the problem? 

Thanks again for the excellent work.

Best regards,
Frances.

It seems that it only accepts ROI in one layer but does not accept VOI in several layers. Is there an approach to work it out?