sdm-help-list > about Linear Modal
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 10, 2022  02:10 AM | gaoacu
about Linear Modal
Hello,

Is there anyone can teach me about the Linear Modal?The “Linear model analyses” ays “Linear models might be useful to several aims such as comparing two or more groups”,but how could I do it in the software?like this:compare the results
obtained between different meta-analytic groups (for example, PD vs SAD patients relative to HC).What can I interpret this in Linear modal?Thank you for any help and assistance you can provide!

Best,
gao
Nov 1, 2022  01:11 PM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
RE: about Linear Modal
Dear Gao, 

In order to calculate the differences between two groups, you have to set a variable in your sdm_table indicating the value for each study (eg., with a 1 when PD and 0 when SAD). Then in the window of the Lineal Modal, you select that variable in the model.  In the results you may obtain positive cluster meaning a higher outcome (depending what you are investigating) in PD in comparison to SAD, or negative clusters meaning a lower outcome in PD compared to SAD.

Kind regards, 
Lydia
Nov 2, 2022  02:11 PM | gaoacu
Dear Lydia,

Thanks for your response!To make it clear enough,I upload this article and its’ method。In it,author compared PD with HC,SAD with HC respectely.Then coampared PD with SAD using Linear modal.follow your advice,1 for PD and 0 for SAD.But it comfuses me whether these data are put into the same table when conducting Linear modal?

Kind regards,
Gao
Originally posted by Lydia Fortea:
Dear Gao, 

In order to calculate the differences between two groups, you have to set a variable in your sdm_table indicating the value for each study (eg., with a 1 when PD and 0 when SAD). Then in the window of the Lineal Modal, you select that variable in the model.  In the results you may obtain positive cluster meaning a higher outcome (depending what you are investigating) in PD in comparison to SAD, or negative clusters meaning a lower outcome in PD compared to SAD.

Kind regards, 
Lydia
Attachment: wang2020.pdf
Nov 8, 2022  04:11 PM | Lydia Fortea - Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS)
Dear Gao, 

If you want to compare both disorders you have to make a table with all the information, with the variable specifying if it's PD or SAD. You first run the mean (which will give you all the differences between SAD and PD vs HC, which is no what we want), and then you run the linear model with the variable, so you will get the differences between them

Kind regards, 
Lydia