help > reducing multivolume nifti to single volume nifti
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Dec 2, 2022  03:12 PM | Molly Rowlands
reducing multivolume nifti to single volume nifti
Hi 

I have nii and nii.gz files that contain two volume (MRIcro asks to pick which to view when I try to open it). I need to input .nii files into a software that does not read multivolumes. The files need to be in a single volume. Is there a way to do this with MRIcron MRIcroGL or another software? 

I've tried converting the multivolume nii to hdr/img, and then running it through matlab code that converts it back to nii, but it still has multiple volumes when I do this. 

(Funnily/frustratingly, I have done this before, but I didn't write down how I did it and now cannot recall. There is a relatively simple way of doing it, in that I didn't need to download any extra software/packages to do so.) 

Any guidance would be appreciated! 

Thanks,
Molly
Dec 2, 2022  06:12 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: reducing multivolume nifti to single volume nifti
I would use fslsplit and fslmerge, but if you like Python you could use nibabel
  https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/Fslutils
Jan 26, 2023  03:01 AM | liu yingqian
I meet the same question. Had you solved the problem?

Originally posted by Molly Rowlands:
Hi 

I have nii and nii.gz files that contain two volume (MRIcro asks to pick which to view when I try to open it). I need to input .nii files into a software that does not read multivolumes. The files need to be in a single volume. Is there a way to do this with MRIcron MRIcroGL or another software? 

I've tried converting the multivolume nii to hdr/img, and then running it through matlab code that converts it back to nii, but it still has multiple volumes when I do this. 

(Funnily/frustratingly, I have done this before, but I didn't write down how I did it and now cannot recall. There is a relatively simple way of doing it, in that I didn't need to download any extra software/packages to do so.) 

Any guidance would be appreciated! 

Thanks,
Molly
Jan 26, 2023  01:01 PM | Chris Rorden
I would use fslsplit.