open-discussion > Jittery Dicoms
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 30, 2023  12:05 PM | Daniel Balentine
Jittery Dicoms

Hello,

Having some issues with the Dicoms coming out of mri_reface. The original data I am feeding it are T1Wtd directories, and the defaced niftis look great, but that is not the case with the output Dicoms. The output dicoms seem to be jittery, with the brain staying still but the skull and everything else shifting in orientation and contrast every few slices. Has anyone ever seen this before? Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Daniel Balentine

May 30, 2023  11:05 PM | Christopher Schwarz - Mayo Clinic
RE: Jittery Dicoms

That sounds interesting! Do you have a way to de-identify and send the dicoms for us to take a look at? I'm on holiday this week but could take a look next week, if you're able to send them. Otherwise, all I can say is we haven't seen that or heard of anything similar, before. ADIR_nii2dicom has its source code provided, so if you're comfortable with code you could try to take a look as well. We've tried to make it as robust as we can, but there's a seemingly infinite number of unusual dicom quirks in the world. If you know of a different nii2dicom converter, that'd work too, but I'm also not aware of a robust alternative that attempts to preserve the unrelated tags, as ours does.

Chris Schwarz