open-discussion > Installation question
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 7, 2011  11:07 PM | Gad Klein
Installation question
Xenios,

Hope all is well over at Yale and with your various projects. I had been having some issues with the 3.0beta3 version (viewer would close randomly when loading files) and finally decided after a long while to install the latest stable version. I installed the 64-bit linux 3.01, but when I open it up it still says beta3 with the 2009 release date. I deleted my last installation first and everything else seemed ok. Just wondering if I did something wrong or if you haven't changed the numbering on the program when it opens up to the main window. please let me know. Thanks.

-Gad
Jul 8, 2011  02:07 PM | Xenophon Papademetris
Installation question
Gad,

Good to hear from you. I am out town until Monday -- will check if we uploaded the wrong version accidentally. Try also the 32-bit version -- in general unless you really need the 64-bit version the 32-bit version is likely to be a bit more stable as this is what we use internally all the time hence it is the best tested one. [ Automated regression testing runs on all platforms, but real world user testing is more limited unfortunately.]

Xenios
Jul 8, 2011  02:07 PM | Gad Klein
RE: Installation question
Xenios,

Thanks for getting back to me. Just tried to do the same with the 32-bit version. Also installs as 3.0beta3 and still have the same issue with oddly closing viewers. Primarily happens when I load something into the ref viewer and then try to load a second file in to the transform viewer. They both just shut down. Maybe this is a problem on my end, but I can't think of why especially since it only happens intermittently. Please check on the uploaded version and get back to me whenever you get a chance.

Thanks and enjoy your time away from work.

-Gad
Jul 11, 2011  02:07 PM | Xenophon Papademetris
Gad, I downloaded the 64-bit version and installed and it looks correct to me.

What web page are you downloading from. It should be:

http://bioimagesuite.org/download/Instal...

The direct link to the 64-bit version is

http://bioimagesuite.org/download/3.0/bi...

Xenios
Jul 18, 2011  08:07 PM | Gad Klein
Xenios,

Never mind I am just an idiot. At some point in the past I had installed the beta version in both /usr/share/bioimagexxx and /usr/local/bioimagexxx. Only the /usr/share/bioimagexxx was in my Path.  I had forgotten that important fact so I deleted then reinstalled BIS3.0 in /usr/local. However the start_bioimagesuite command kept loading the very NOT deleted beta version still in /usr/share :)

As I said, I am an idiot. All is now running fine. Thanks for the help and enjoy the rest of the summer.

-Gad
Jul 18, 2011  08:07 PM | Xenophon Papademetris
Heat affects brain function ... at least that's the excuse I use.