open-discussion > templete for lateral ventricle
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 1, 2011  10:08 PM | Gozde Kizilates
templete for lateral ventricle
hi!

I need a templete for shape analysis of lateral ventricle. I want to create templete with my data or use one of my datas as templete, how can I do it?

Thanks,
Gozde
Aug 2, 2011  11:08 AM | Beatriz Paniagua
RE: templete for lateral ventricle
Hi Gozde,

MeshMath has an option to compute mean shapes out of shapes that already have correspondence established. That means, using this method, you would have to run SPHARM a first time, then compute the average, and then compute a second time using your average as the template. Is this something you can use in your studies?

Regards,
BEATRIZ
Aug 2, 2011  12:08 PM | Gozde Kizilates
Hi Beatriz..

Thanks for your response. I read MeshMath usege and ı think -avgMesh function can use for create template.

-avgMesh ...

in this function I try para.meta, surf.meta and .gipl as input file. But it didnt run.

What should be the input file ?

Thanks..

Gozde
Aug 2, 2011  12:08 PM | Beatriz Paniagua
With MeshMath you need to use the *surfSPHARM.vtk meshes, that are the ones that have correspondence. Lets say you have 20 LV in your population, you run all the steps in SPHARM, and you end up having 20 surfSPHARM.vtk meshes.

Then you use MeshMAth:
MeshMAth surfSPHARM_1.vtk -avgMesh surfSPHARM_2.vtk ... surfSPHARM_20.vtk

And you get an average mesh that you will have to scan convert to gipl in order to use in yet another spharm computation.
I want to emphasize that I was not suggesting this is the only way to proceed. Is only one more option. You can always use as template your first shape in the population.

Regards,
BEATRIZ
Aug 2, 2011  01:08 PM | Gozde Kizilates
To use as templete my first shape in the population how can I create templete.coef for use in following step?

./ParaToSPHARMMesh 1_surf.meta 1_para.meta -subdivLevel 20 -spharmDegree 15 \-flipTemplete templete.coef -regTemplete templete.meta

thanks

Gozde
Aug 2, 2011  01:08 PM | Beatriz Paniagua
ParaToSPHARMMeshCLP arguments --filpTemplate and --regTemplate are used for all the shapes except for the template. Those two arguments are optional. That means for the first one, you can just not specify those two arguments. You want to specify --paraOut to get all the color maps writen as outputs, that can be very helpful in detecting flips in the data.

BEATRIZ
Aug 2, 2011  01:08 PM | Gozde Kizilates
Thanks for response and I also got this error in GenParaMesh method:

itk::ExceptionObject (0xbfbdcb04)
File: /home/lbompard/NeuroLib/Libraries/Shape/Algorithms/BinaryMask3DEqualAreaParametricMeshSource.txx
Line: 172
Description: Warning: Euler equation not satisfied. Euler Number : 15636 - 15638 = -2

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks
Gozde
Aug 2, 2011  02:08 PM | Beatriz Paniagua
You need to revise your segmentation and see there are no holes in there. If you are working with LV you will have to fill the choroid plexus (that are not holes, but look almost like them).