open-discussion > Dicom to NIFTI
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Dec 27, 2011  12:12 PM | Andrés Larroza
Dicom to NIFTI
Hello,

I am using the Dicom to NIFTL converter of the latest BioImage version but I have this error when loading my DICOM data:

ERROR: In ..\..\Common\vtkbisGDCMImageReader.cpp, line 601
vtkbisDICOMReader (05854E10): ImageReader failed

ERROR: In ..\..\Common\vtkbisGDCMImageReader.cpp, line 501
vtkbisDICOMReader (05854E10): RequestInformationCompat failed: 0

ERROR: In ..\..\..\build\vtk52\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (05837D58): Algorithm vtkbisDICOMReader(05854E10) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0581CA10)
Debug: Off
Modified Time: 308
Reference Count: 1
Registered Events: (none)
Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION
ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
********************************************************************************************************

And I used another Dicom to NIFTI converter in order to work with my DTI data, but when I tried to load it in the Diffusion Tensor utility I have a message "This image has only 1 frames", but the file I try to load is a 4D DWI data, so there are more than 1 frame, I could work with it in other DTI software packages.

Please if someone can help me with this two issues.

Thanks.
Jan 5, 2012  04:01 PM | Xenophon Papademetris
Dicom to NIFTI
Our DICOM conversion is far from perfect unfortunately, try looking online for another tool. The Slicer folks have been doing a lot of work in this area.

Xenios
Jan 6, 2012  12:01 PM | Andrés Larroza
RE: Dicom to NIFTI
Ok, I used MRIconvert and dcm2nii, but my problem now is that when I try to load my DTI data in the Diffusion Tensor utility I have a message
"This image has only 1 frames", but the file I try to load is a 4D
 DWI data, so there are more than 1 frame. Same thing with both converters.
Jan 6, 2012  09:01 PM | Xenophon Papademetris
Hmm ... if you could use the yale file transfer system (http://transfer.med.yale.edu) (or some other mechanism) to send me one of these files (the .nii.gz version) I can take a look and see what it looks like.

Xenios
Jan 17, 2012  12:01 AM | Andrés Larroza
I don't have access to the Yale Secure File Transfer. I read that any non-Yale individual can transfer files to a member of the Yale community once access has been granted by the Yale recipient. How can I do this? May I transfer you the file via Dropbox for example?

Thanks
Jan 17, 2012  05:01 PM | Xenophon Papademetris
Dropbox is fine ... (xpapademetris@gmail.com)
Jan 17, 2012  06:01 PM | Andrés Larroza
Ok, I shared a folder name 4198 with the file. I have same problem with all my data.

Thanks.
May 3, 2012  11:05 AM | Andrés Larroza
Hello,

Did you manage to work with the data I transfered to you?

I still have the same problem.
Andrés
May 3, 2012  04:05 PM | Xenophon Papademetris
Andres,

I am not sure I remember -- I apologize. Could you please try sending me data again. I remember looking at something but beyond that I am not sure.

Xenios