open-discussion > how to get the MNI coordinates
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 16, 2012  01:04 AM | Liang Wang
how to get the MNI coordinates
Hi,

I have nonlinear register the structural image to the MNI152 template and also transform electrode position (mgrid) to this template. In Viewer, I have three coordinates (i j k) in voxel space (R-to-L, A-to-P, I-to-S). However, I want to get the MNI coordinates (mm). I check the Header Editor and find there is matrix (let me say M, with an extra line 0 0 0 1) which assumed to be used to convert voxel coordinate (let me say this column vector is C) to MNI space. What I did the calcuation is:

MNI_coord = M*C; 

However, the MNI coordiate obtained from the equation above looks weird. Could someone point out how to esay show this MNI coordinate in Viewer. Thanks. 

Liang
Apr 16, 2012  01:04 PM | Liang Wang
RE: how to get the MNI coordinates
Hi, 

just rephrase my question. I think the problem is that the transform matrix was not updated. When I used Header Editor to check the header of the resliced image, in the Affine Transform (sform_code) frame, Sform_code is Scanner_Anatomical. I think it should be updated to MNI 152 or something related to MNI152 image. 

I can use Transform Viewer to get the MNI coordinates for some electrodes. However, I can not yoke this viewer with Electrode editor which can easily localized the electrode location. Any suggestions?

Best,
Liang
Apr 16, 2012  10:04 PM | Xenophon Papademetris
RE: how to get the MNI coordinates
This might be the case -- having said this you can simply read the MNI coordinates (and the Talairach coordinates) from the text box in the right hand side of the viewer. BioImage Suite detects that you are in MNI space by the size of the image (181x217x181) or the 2mm version of the same.