open-discussion > SPECT analysis using Bioimage Suite 3.01
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 1, 2012  02:05 AM | Monique Stagnitti
SPECT analysis using Bioimage Suite 3.01
Hello,

I am interested in using Bioimage Suite to process SPECT data and have been using the sample data provided by the ISAS Bioimage Suite website to understand the processing steps. I have been following the steps both on the website and in the manual, however the results I have been getting are slightly different from those quoted on the website. The first few coordinates match in the hyperperfusion statistics table, however the ksize and pvales are out (by exactly 300 in the first instance). I have tried processing the data within the bioimage suite using different options, however this has not given me any more accurate results. I was wondering whether the discordance between the results I have obtained that those quoted on the website might be a consequence of using a newer version (3.01) of the software as opposed to the results being run on on the older version of the software (2.55b1)?

Thanks.
May 1, 2012  02:05 PM | Dustin Scheinost
RE: SPECT analysis using Bioimage Suite 3.01
Those numbers sound fine; different versions may give different results mainly due to difference in registration. How do the results visually compare to the website's results? If those look very similar, you should be all set. A couple of questions: What operating system are you using? Can you upload a snapshot of the hyperperfusion table?

Dustin
May 2, 2012  07:05 AM | Monique Stagnitti
RE: SPECT analysis using Bioimage Suite 3.01
Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your help. The results look visually very similar to those on the website so hopefully all is fine. I'm using a Linux operating system (64-bit CentOS 5.7), and I've attached a snapshot of both the hyperperfusion and hypoperfusion tables, so please let me know if the difference between these results and those quoted on the website are in an acceptable range.

Thanks again, if the problem with the difference is this simple it has saved me a lot of time and energy!

Cheers,

Monique
Attachment: Bioimage_stats.pdf