open-discussion > Something error when running on the server
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 22, 2012  03:05 AM | Zaixu Cui
Something error when running on the server
Dear Pierre:    Sorry to bother you again.    My Software is already finished. And it is tested in many computers, it worked well.    However, when I tested it in the ThinkStation Server with 64-bit Centos OS, I met a strange problem.    When I submitted jobs, they are sucessfully submitted.    In the mid-way, some jobs' status are submitted or running or none, and PIPE.lock exists.    However, the jobs are not running in fact, and the jobs status stops at these status.    I terminate the jobs and submitted again, and the jobs runs again, but a little time later, the jobs are not running while the PIPE.lock exists.    Do you know the reason.    Thanks very much for your help.Best Regards.
May 22, 2012  06:05 AM | cui zaixu
RE: Something error when running on the server
Dear Pierre:

Sorry to bother you again.

My Software is already finished. And it is tested in many computers, it worked well.

However, when I tested it in the ThinkStation Server with 64-bit Centos OS, I met a strange problem.

When I submitted jobs, they are sucessfully submitted. In the mid-way, some jobs' status are submitted or running or none, and PIPE.lock exists.

However, the jobs are not running in fact, and the jobs status stops at these status.

I terminate the jobs and submitted again, and the jobs runs again, but a little time later, the jobs are not running while the PIPE.lock exists.

Do you know the reason.

Thanks very much for your help.

Best Regards.

Zaixu
May 22, 2012  02:05 PM | Pierre Bellec
Dear Zaixu,

There is clearly something wrong with the PSOM configuration on the thinkpad. There is a script to test the configuration called psom_config. Please read the online tutorial to properly set the PSOM configuration:

http://code.google.com/p/psom/wiki/ConfigurationPsom

Don't hesitate to get back to me if you cannot resolve the issue on the thinkpad, and then please include the error messages provided by psom_config

Best,

Pierre
May 24, 2012  02:05 PM | Zaixu Cui
Dear Pierre:

Thanks for your help.

I'm busy with PANDA documentation these days, and reply so late.

I'll have a try and give you feedback.

Best Regards!

Zaixu
Jun 1, 2012  01:06 PM | Zaixu Cui
Dear Pierre:

It's nothing wrong with my program nor the configuration of PSOM.

I'm sorry to bother you.

It's because of our server.

In fact, our software can run in the first time, but it doesn't run later.

The reason is that the server has limited the resources of every user.

Now, the problem is solved.

Best Regards.

Zaixu
Jun 4, 2012  03:06 PM | Pierre Bellec
Glad to hear you managed to solve the problem. I am very pleased that you managed to build your software using PSOM as the pipeline engine. This is fantastic proof of concept for future initiatives, and I believe I will myself be a PANDA user. Best,

Pierre
Jun 7, 2012  07:06 AM | Zaixu Cui
Dear Pierre:

Thanks for your kind help these days.

PSOM is a powerful tool, it has simplified my work a lot. 

Hope PANDA will help you in your work.

Best Regards

Zaixu