help > Slice scan order of NYU's ABIDE data
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 26, 2013  11:02 AM | Zhiyuan Wang
Slice scan order of NYU's ABIDE data
I can't find the exact order of the slices of these data, only an 'interleaved' in their scan parameter, so I can't start with slice timing. Can anybody help me with that? 
By the way almost all scan parameter files tells only about whether it's interleaved or ascending or descending. How can one tell the exact order out of that? I mean, is there any common knowledge about this? 

Thanks!
Mar 5, 2013  07:03 PM | Maarten Mennes
RE: Slice scan order of NYU's ABIDE data
Hi,

The scanner used by NYU is a Siemens scanner, in that case interleaved is by definition ascending. Whether is starts at slice 1 or slice 2 depends on the number of slices. In this case the resting state scan has 33 slices, so the interleaved sequence will go 1,3,5,...,33,2,4,6,..32.

Hope this helps,
Maarten
Oct 16, 2014  08:10 AM | Heng Chen
RE: Slice scan order of NYU's ABIDE data
Originally posted by Maarten Mennes:
Hi,

The scanner used by NYU is a Siemens scanner, in that case interleaved is by definition ascending. Whether is starts at slice 1 or slice 2 depends on the number of slices. In this case the resting state scan has 33 slices, so the interleaved sequence will go 1,3,5,...,33,2,4,6,..32.

Hope this helps,
Maarten
Hi Maarten Mennes,
  If the scanner is a Siemens scanner. the number of slices is even, eg. 30. The sequence will go 2,4,6,...,30,1,3,5,7...29. Such as the Peking_ADHD_REST data.
        thanks!