Display:
Results per page:
Mar 11, 2013  05:03 PM | Konstantin Lehmann
error during compiling cmtk
Hi,
i run into some trouble if i try to compile the cmtk. I got follwoing message:

[ 77%] Building CXX object apps/CMakeFiles/asegment.dir/asegment.cxx.o
Linking CXX executable ../bin/asegment
../bin/libcmtkSystem.a(cmtkThreads.cxx.o): In function 'cmtk::FFTW::SetNumberOfThreads(int)':
cmtkThreads.cxx:(.text._ZN4cmtk4FFTW18SetNumberOfThreadsEi[cmtk::FFTW::SetNumberOfThreads(int)]+0x15): undefined reference to 'fftw_plan_with_nthreads'
../bin/libcmtkSystem.a(cmtkThreads.cxx.o): In function 'cmtk::FFTW::FFTW()':
cmtkThreads.cxx:(.text._ZN4cmtk4FFTWC2Ev[_ZN4cmtk4FFTWC5Ev]+0xd): undefined reference to 'fftw_init_threads'
../bin/libcmtkSystem.a(cmtkThreads.cxx.o): In function 'cmtk::FFTW::~FFTW()':
cmtkThreads.cxx:(.text._ZN4cmtk4FFTWD2Ev[_ZN4cmtk4FFTWD5Ev]+0xd): undefined reference to 'fftw_cleanup_threads'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bin/asegment] Error 1
make[1]: *** [apps/CMakeFiles/asegment.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It would be great if you could provide me any help.Thanks.

Konstantin
Mar 11, 2013  05:03 PM | Torsten Rohlfing
RE: error during compiling cmtk
Hi Konstantin -

So in short, your build is missing the FFTW multi-threaded library.

To sort out why that is, I will need some more information:

1. What version of CMTK are you using? Did you download a Source tar archive or get the source from svn?
2. What system are you using (Linux? Mac? Windows?)

As a shortcut (wild guess) assuming that you're on some kind of recent Linux, see if you can get a package named "fftw-libs-threads" installed. If you can, that would likely fix your problem. (It would still be nice to send me the additional info above so I can fix the configuration to detect and/or avoid this problem in the future.)

Best,
  Torsten
Mar 11, 2013  07:03 PM | Konstantin Lehmann
RE: error during compiling cmtk
Hi Torsten,

i am using the source from svn and running a linux system ubuntu 12.04 (x64). You were right. I compiled FFTW 3.3.3 and did not know that i have  to set the flag --enable-threads (The default mode does not compile the thread routines) . That's why i ran into this problem. A lot of thanks.

Bests,
Konstantin