help > JIST broken module(s)
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Apr 17, 2013  08:04 AM | Anna Mestres-Misse
JIST broken module(s)
Dear everyone,

I am trying to install JIST in a windows7 machine. I am aware of the license problem, which stems from the fact that windows doesn't distinguish between upper and lower case (and therefore, LICENSE.txt and license.txt are the same for windows), in consequence I have used the JIST_license_patch provided by the CBS tools. The problem I have is that the modules (under Algorithms) do not appear, only the folders and subfolders show, but they are empty. The *.module files are however in the corresponding folder (where the JIST module definitions are stored). I have in the past successfully installed JIST in a windows7 computer (using the patch), I have already tried copying the plugins + modules folder from that other computer to the one that I am having problems with now, but it was not successful, the modules still didn't appear. I am using mipav v7.0.1. When I rebuild the library I get the following message: "Warning: Found 428 broken module(s). Do you want to delete them now?" Does anyone know why this is happening and how to solve it? I don't have access anymore to a linux computer, thus, it is indispensable that JIST works under the windows7 computer.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Anna
Apr 23, 2013  06:04 PM | Benjamin Yvernault
RE: JIST broken module(s)
Dear Anna Mestres-Misse,

I tried on a windows7 VM to install MIPAV and then JIST with the tutorial.
It works fine for me.

Did you try to delete MIPAV and resintall it and then install JIST following the tutorial there : 
http://www.nitrc.org/plugins/mwiki/index...

Benjamin
Apr 25, 2013  08:04 AM | Anna Mestres-Misse
Dear Benjamin,

Thank you for your reply. I guess the problem lie in the version of MIPAV I have installed (latest). I've tried to download v5.4.4 but unfortunately the file downloaded it's zero bits in size, that is, I won't know if the problem was just a version incompatibility until I can get the proper MIPAV v5.4.4 installer. Thanks again.

Regards,
Anna
Apr 25, 2013  12:04 PM | Bennett Landman
To clarify, we tried with MIPAV 7.0.1 AND the CURRENT JIST build (http://masi.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/hudson/). If this is also what you tried,  I suspect the problem is in your download settings. The CIT servers are working for us for all download versions.
Apr 25, 2013  01:04 PM | Anna Mestres-Misse
Dear Bennett,

Thanks a lot for your reply. But then I don't know where the problem is. I have MIPAV v7.0.1 and the current JIST build (JIST-CRUISE-2013Apr24-11-36PM.jar), I follow to the letter the instructions here http://www.nitrc.org/plugins/mwiki/index... And, although I don't get a status box saying "The following plugins were successfully installed", when I restart MIPAV the plugins are installed. Then when I rebuild the library I get the message "Warning: Found 417 broken module(s). Do you want to delete them now?" and none of the modules under Algorithms show (although they are in the jist-lib folder). 

Regarding downloading other MIPAV versions, if you can download the file (v5.4.4) (and its size is not zero bytes), then I suppose it's "my" problem, I will try it from home. Another problem is that as here at the university I don't have administrator rights, I have to rely on IT to install/uninstall programs.

Regards,
Anna
Apr 25, 2013  01:04 PM | Bennett Landman
Answer yes to delete. That just means that your cache is out of date.
Apr 25, 2013  02:04 PM | Anna Mestres-Misse
If I answer yes, the outcome in the JIST LayoutTool is the same, the difference is that all the *.module files in jist-lib are gone. If I then click to rebuild the library again, the same message appears
Apr 25, 2013  02:04 PM | Bennett Landman
Sounds like your files are corrupted. Is your JIST JAR >140 MB.
Apr 25, 2013  02:04 PM | Anna Mestres-Misse
Yes, it is exactly 202,941KB.

I have tried different JIST JAR files, as well as even copying the plugins and jist-lib (where the modules are) folders from my laptop (where it works fine), but the outcome is always this same message and lack of modules under algorithms.
Apr 25, 2013  03:04 PM | Bennett Landman
Do you see lots of files decompressed into your MIPAV"plugins" directory?
Apr 25, 2013  03:04 PM | Anna Mestres-Misse
Yes, there are 51 folders and 70 files. Inside the folders I've found some *.jar files (3 inside library, and 1 inside methods; just in case I decompressed them and rebuild the library, but no success)
Apr 25, 2013  03:04 PM | Bennett Landman
I assume that you have uninstalled mipav, deleted everything, and tried reinstalling.

I've asked our engineering to see if he can help...

Can you try on a different system and report any messages that you are seeing?
Apr 25, 2013  04:04 PM | Benjamin Yvernault
Hello Anna,

I though the problem was with JIST installation that wasn't working but in fact it's with the building part of the JIST Layout Tool.

I have the same error on the VM.

Which version of MIPAV do you have on the other windows machine where JIST is working without problem?

I will try to dig into this.

Benjamin
Apr 26, 2013  08:04 AM | Anna Mestres-Misse
Hi Benjamin,

In the other windows machine I have MIPAV v5.4.4, there I only had the license problem (but I think that was fixed with newer versions of JIST).

Thanks!

Anna
Apr 26, 2013  09:04 AM | Anna Mestres-Misse
Hola,

I have uninstalled v7.0.1 and installed v5.4.4. Although I had the license problem ("Warning: could not create the file c:\users\xxxxxx\mipav\plugins\\LICENSE") (also with v5.4.4 one gets a CMD window so that one can track the process and check if there are errors, this is not the case with v7.0.1), I've used Pierre-Louis Bazin's patch, and everything worked fine, the modules are finally in the LayoutTool. Therefore, 1) the problem has to do with mipav's version, 2) there's still a license problem (maybe you should direct people to Pierre-Louis' patch in the CBS tools webpage).

Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards,
Anna
Apr 26, 2013  12:04 PM | Bennett Landman
URL for patch?