help > edges look strange
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 25, 2013  08:07 AM | Tzvetan Popov
edges look strange
Dear Experts,

I followed the instructions in the manual and I somehow get a strange figure when I provide the edge file from the 'Data/ExampleFiles/AAL90' folder (see attached figure). Am I doing something wrong or it is maybe the set up I use (Matlab 2012b, Mac OS X 10.8.4)?

Thanks a lot in advance
Best
Tzvetan
Attachment: strange edges.png
Jul 26, 2013  02:07 AM | Mingrui Xia
RE: edges look strange
Dear Tzvetan,

Thanks for using our toolbox. The picture looks strange to us too. Could you please provide us more details, such like the exact name of the files you used? Or, directly send us the files so that we can have a test.

Thank you
Regards,
Mingrui
Jul 26, 2013  06:07 PM | Tzvetan Popov
Dear Mingrui,

thank you for the fast reply. Well I just downloaded the toolbox and started with tutotrial step by step. So the files I used are located in the "Data" folder. I used "BrainMesh_ICBM152.nv" as a template, "Node_AAL90.node" and "Edge_AAL90_Binary.edge". Would you want me to upload those?
Best regards
tzvetan
Jul 27, 2013  02:07 AM | Mingrui Xia
Dear Tzvetan,

I've tested BrainNet Viewer with these files on Mac OS 10.7 and Matlab R2010b. It works well. Please see the attached Pic. I will try to find a machine with Mac OS 10.8.4 and Matlab R2012b and have a further test. I will let you know once this was done. btw, did you modify these files?

Regards,
Mingrui
Jul 27, 2013  11:07 AM | Mingrui Xia
Dear Tzvetan,

I tested the toolbox on virtual machine with Mac OS 10.8.3 and Matlab 2012b. The figure looks well. Could you provide the configuration for the figure? 

Regards,
Mingrui
Aug 10, 2013  01:08 PM | Tzvetan Popov
Dear Mingrui,

hm that is indeed strange. I'll download the toolbox again and try it once more. What do you mean by configuration of the figure? I was just following the manual documentation step by step.

Best
tzvetan
Aug 12, 2013  01:08 PM | Mingrui Xia
Dear Tzvetan,

The configuration of the figure is the settings in the option panel. In the option panel, a button labeled 'save' can be found on the bottom, which can help to save the configuration as a .mat file.

Cheers,
Mingrui