sdm-help-list > (old questions) - The program doesn't execute
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 12, 2013  12:11 AM | Nobody
(old questions) - The program doesn't execute
Linux:
You might have to give "execution" permissions to the file "sdm". This can be conducted by either right-clicking the file in your file explorer and selecting Proporties: Permissions: Execution, or using the chmod command in the console.

Windows:
If the table editor does not execute in a nework drive (e.g. \\MyData\SDM\) you might see the following error:
- CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
- UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.
This can be solved by either moving all files to a local drive such as C: or D:, or mapping the network drive, e.g. from the explorer Tools menu.
Oct 3, 2014  01:10 PM | Nobody
RE: (old questions) - The program doesn't execute
Well, thats a good hint in many cases, but in mine sdm doesnt execute inspite of having set permissions correctly. I'm trying to run sdm on my real fresh debian, but the only thing what happens  by double-clicking "sdm" is an error message "file or directory not found" and "childprocess ... could not be executed" (very free translation of my original german error-message). Similar: when I run the command out of the commandline, error-message tells me "command not found". Maybe there are any dependencies not communicated at your website, tutorial and manual for any more specific linux-system? Has anyone an idea to solve this problem? Maybe I have to call this piece of softwarte an other way than usual? Thank You for helping!
Oct 8, 2014  02:10 PM | Nobody
I'm sorry to hear that... Two ideas to check:
- Do you call the program typing "sdm" or "./sdm"?
- Did you unzip all the folders?
Dec 10, 2014  03:12 PM | Nobody
I Had problems getting SDM to work on Ubuntu 14.04 Linux but I seemed to have got this to work by double clicking on sdm/bin/linux64/sdm_gui