nitrc-ce > Can NITRC-CE be installed on private cloud?
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 20, 2013  04:11 PM | Francis Jeanson
Can NITRC-CE be installed on private cloud?
Hi,

I'm part of an organization that is interested in evaluating the NITRC-CE platform. We need a solution that would work at our own HPC facility to run our own cloud based analytics service.

Can NITRC-CE be adapted to this? Are there other solutions by NITRC for what we're looking for?

Thanks!
Nov 21, 2013  03:11 PM | Robert Buccigrossi - TCG
RE: Can NITRC-CE be installed on private cloud?
Mr. Jeanson,

We have been working on a script that turns a general Ubuntu 12.04 instance (say, on a VM) into a NITRC-CE environment. We are developing this script to make our lives easier as promote changes to our multiple API versions. Would that be of interest to you for your experimentation? If so, we'd be happy to share it with you once it is ready...

Thank you,
  Robert Buccigrossi
Nov 21, 2013  06:11 PM | Francis Jeanson
That's a great initiative. Yes I think we would certainly be interested in testing the platform.
Please inform me when you have a stable version available. I'll coordinate with our developers to proceed on testing it out.

All the best!

Francis
Dec 15, 2013  11:12 PM | Robert Buccigrossi - TCG
Dear Mr. Jeanson:

I'm happy to announce that we released a beta version of our NITRC-CE install script in our NITRC Enhanced Services Downloads Area. From our Release Notes:

The purpose of the NITRC-CE install script is to convert any Ubuntu 12.04 machine (real or virtual) into a NITRC-CE instance. Since it will install a number of packages including ubuntu-desktop and packages from NeuroDebian, it may take many hours to execute, and will restart your system at least once. A log of its progress will be placed in /var/lib/nitrcce/.

Once completed, you will be able to use a web browser to connect to the machine and set up a NITRC-CE user. Please see http://www.nitrc.org/ce/ for full usage instructions.

Please let us know if you have any problems or suggestions!

Thanks,
Robert Buccigrossi