help > history.mat?
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 7, 2014  08:01 PM | Doug S
history.mat?
Hello,
I am just beginning to experiment with the NBS software. Unfortunately, I have hit a bit of a snag. I can open the UI and the fields are populated with the Schizophrenia Example files. However, when I push the NBS button I get this error in Matlab:

"Error in NBS>get_ui (line 169)
save('history.mat','UI')

Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback"

When I try to save the current session I get the following:

"Error using save
Cannot create 'history.mat' because 'history.mat' does not exist."

The same issue occurs when I enter different input files in the fields (I've been trying to run an analysis on my data as well). At first I thought I messed up the input files somehow, but the same error occurs with the pre-loaded Schizophrenia example.

It seems like the issue is with the history.mat file. I checked the directory permissions and I should be able to rwx there. I'm not an expert on matlab, so if there is any easy fix to this just let me know.

Thanks in advance for an help or insight.
Jan 7, 2014  10:01 PM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: history.mat?
Dear Doug,

Please check the following two potential issues:

1. My first guess is that you don't have write permission to the NBS sub-directory where history.mat is stored.

2. Once you have opened Matlab, before running the NBS, make sure you change Matlab's current working directory to the location where you have stored the NBS files you downloaded. You can do this by typing the following at the Matlab command prompt:
cd C:\your_directory_structure\NBS\