open-discussion > Using examples to simulate real-time data
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 28, 2014  03:05 AM | Gustavo Pamplona
Using examples to simulate real-time data
Hello everyone!
My name is Gustavo, I'm a PhD student, and I'm trying to learn how to use FRIEND to provide neurofeedback stimulus.
I downloaded the FRIEND data examples provided here, but it's not clear for me if there is a way to process them as if they were acquired in real-time. By doing this, I could see how the activation from a region varies on time in FRIEND's GUI, for example, as well as the movement corrections in real-time.
I can put the parameters in the initial window and the software opens, bu I cannot view any information after this.
I appreciate any kind of help.
Thanks by advance.
Jun 9, 2014  09:06 PM | Neuroinformatics Support
RE: Using examples to simulate real-time data
Hi Gustavo,

Once you have entered all input parameters (study dir, subject, reference functional and anatomical images, TR, study design file, etc), the FRIEND control window will open. You can select the training button (to train the classifier) or the feedback button (using any  previous run as a model). For the first run you must always select the training option as there's no trained data to use as a model yet.

Best regards
FRIEND team
Jun 11, 2014  03:06 PM | Gustavo Pamplona
Thank you, FRIEND team.
Unfortunately, I think the problem I was having was just a mistake in the Input Information. By correcting that, I could simulate the 'Neurofeedback' example as if it was being acquired in real-time.
Also, I'm talking to Griselda Jara by e-mail and she is developing a more explanatory tutorial to elucidate how to use the examples.
May 19, 2015  07:05 PM | Kaitlin Cassady - University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Hello,

I am also very interested in a more explanatory tutorial on how to use the examples. Will there be a tutorial in the near future?

Thank you!
May 20, 2015  04:05 PM | Griselda Garrido
Many thanks Kaitlin, We will be working on this subject on the next weeks. We will post an announce when it is ready.
Jul 16, 2015  12:07 AM | James Linton
Hello, I too am struggling to get FRIEND working with the sample data. I would really appreciate some help or documentation. Thanks team.

James