help > Additional options - please explain!
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 21, 2014  10:10 AM | Ravnoor Gill - University of Western Ontario
Additional options - please explain!
Hello Dr. Spielberg,

I have only recently begun to use your toolbox. I encountered an error while running graph analysis. I believe it's due to not defining "Variables used to calculate minimum density" and "Covariates used for calculating minimum density". I believe those 2 fields are required, rather than optional.
I am new to this, could you explain what those are?

I am using a 27x27x14 matrix containing unthresholded correlation values.

It'd be great if you could help.

Thanks,
Ravnoor
Attachment: metalab.png
Oct 30, 2014  02:10 PM | Jeffrey Spielberg
RE: Additional options - please explain!
Hi Ravnoor,

Apologies for the slow response, I was away from e-mail until now.

I don't think this error is due to not including those fields.  As an aside, those fields are for the variables that you would want to later use as predictors (or nuisance covariates) of differences in graph properties.  They are used in the calculation of the minimum density (the density at which all nodes remain connected) for thresholded matrices (so they don't have any effect on the calculation of properties for fully connected matrices).  The reason to include them is to minimize any counfounding effects induced by the choice of mimimum density. The documentation and poster go into more detail about how this is done. 

As to your error, I think that's a bug.  I'll fix it in the next release, but in the meantime you should be able to fix it by changing 'if use_abs_val == 0' to 'if out.use_abs_val == 0' (i.e., add 'out.')

Let me know if that solves your problem (and including the screenshot was much appreciated). 

Best,
Jeff