open-discussion > ROBEX terminates in an unusual way after 2.2c
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Oct 25, 2014  02:10 PM | H. neb
ROBEX terminates in an unusual way after 2.2c
Hi all,

i have a Problem to run fully robex. So if i execute the comand runROBEX.bat , with correct paths to the image and so on, Robex starts its execution but stops after Step 2.2c (Resampling volume...).

The message it gives in the prompt after terminating is: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications's support team for more information".

It makes me nuts. First i needed a lot of time to install Robex, because there were a lot of problems with the compilation oft ITK and then this Issue now. Do you or anynone has made same experiences or more has anyone fixed this Problem?

I use it under Windows 7 64-bit. I compiled itk and robex with, cmake, minGW and MYSYS.

I would be happy to hear from anyone.

cheers, nebh
Oct 27, 2014  11:10 PM | H. neb
RE: ROBEX terminates in an unusual way after 2.2c
Hi all,

so I have experimented with Robex by myself and think that i found the problem. The Error is everytime in Step 2.2c fired (Resampling Volume) because I took already Registered MRI-Images. These MRI have a really higher Resolution then the atlas (e.g 1.5x1.5x1.5). I didnt looked up the code but I think i rather could be big amount of memory or cpu power to resample the high resoluted Image to the atlas or the fact it is already Registered to another Atlas.

So dear developer, in my opinion the low resolution of the Atlas is going to be a big disadvantage compared to other Brain-Extraction-Tools and to the acuracy of the result.
I let Robex extraxt the brain with the raw patient data and compared it to an BET-solution of the same data but registered on a high Resolution Template and I can evidently say, the BET result is a lot more acuracy than the Robex result.