help > Missing Time Points
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 9, 2015  04:01 PM | Kaitlin Cassady - University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Missing Time Points
Greetings!

I am wondering what I should do if I have any missing time points for one or more of my subjects. I currently have 18 subjects, each with 7 time points. However, one of the subjects is missing data from one of the seven time points. When I tried to run the connectivity setup step, I received the following error:

"ERROR: Subject 1 Session 6 functional data has not been defined"

Can I still complete the analysis with missing time points?

Thank you!
Kaitlin
Jan 15, 2015  01:01 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Missing Time Points
Hi Kaitlin,

If you are modeling each of the 7 time points for each subject as a different condition, then unfortunately no, CONN does not handle missing data of this form explicitly (it requires that each subject has some data for each of the conditions defined). If this is your case, what I would probably do is simply enter some "fake" data for the missing subject/condition (e.g. some other timepoint) and then make sure that in your second-level analyses you are explicitly removing that subject from consideration only for any analyses that include the missing timepoint (but you would still be able to use all subjects for any analysis that does not include the missing timepoint/condition). If, on the other hand, you simply have different number of scanning sessions per subject but these sessions are simply to be aggregated across a single condition, then that is perfectly fine (in this case all of your subjects have some data for each of the conditions defined) and you can simply specify the number of sessions for each subject in the Setup.Basic tab Number of sessions field (enter one value per subject there).

Hope this helps
Alfonso

Originally posted by Kaitlin Cassady:
Greetings!

I am wondering what I should do if I have any missing time points for one or more of my subjects. I currently have 18 subjects, each with 7 time points. However, one of the subjects is missing data from one of the seven time points. When I tried to run the connectivity setup step, I received the following error:

"ERROR: Subject 1 Session 6 functional data has not been defined"

Can I still complete the analysis with missing time points?

Thank you!
Kaitlin