help > Different band pass filter per session ?
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 29, 2015  09:01 AM | Thomas Leers
Different band pass filter per session ?
Dear Alfonso, dear community

I want to perform a combined task and resting-state FNC analysis within one CONN-Project. Background in short: We hypothesize that effects of connectivity during the task blocks can be linked to changes in the subsequent resting-state session compared to baseline.

In CONN, I defined 
a baseline resting state session,
a block-design task-session and
a subsequent resting-state session
with conditions accordingly.  

In dependence on the thread http://www.nitrc.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=11196 , I would like to set the band pass filter for the task-session to [0.008 inf], but have a band pass filter for the two resting-state sessions of [0.008 0.09].

The filter is usually set at the Denoising-step therefore applying to all sessions and conditions.

Is there a way to set condition or session individual band pass filters?
I noticed the "time frequency decomposition" option when defining conditions. I read it up but I'm still not really sure what this does and whether it applies to my problem.

Thank you for any help in this matter

Thomas

Jan 30, 2015  06:01 AM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Different band pass filter per session ?
Dear Thomas,

Yes, in Setup.Conditions you can select the "Fixed band-pass filter" option in the Time-Frequency decomposition field, and enter there the desired filter band, in order to implement condition-specific filters (a different filter for each condition). Note that these filters are implemented in addition to the one defined in the Denoising step (which is applied equally to all conditions), so just make sure that the filter specified during Denoising is not narrower than the one(s) specified separately for each condition. 

Hope this helps
Alfonso
Originally posted by Thomas Leers:
Dear Alfonso, dear community

I want to perform a combined task and resting-state FNC analysis within one CONN-Project. Background in short: We hypothesize that effects of connectivity during the task blocks can be linked to changes in the subsequent resting-state session compared to baseline.

In CONN, I defined 
a baseline resting state session,
a block-design task-session and
a subsequent resting-state session
with conditions accordingly.  

In dependence on the thread http://www.nitrc.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=11196 , I would like to set the band pass filter for the task-session to [0.008 inf], but have a band pass filter for the two resting-state sessions of [0.008 0.09].

The filter is usually set at the Denoising-step therefore applying to all sessions and conditions.

Is there a way to set condition or session individual band pass filters?
I noticed the "time frequency decomposition" option when defining conditions. I read it up but I'm still not really sure what this does and whether it applies to my problem.

Thank you for any help in this matter

Thomas