help > wfu_pickatlas error using 'RESULTS' in SPM12
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 23, 2015  08:11 AM | yilin chen
wfu_pickatlas error using 'RESULTS' in SPM12
Hello,

Every time I press the 'results' button in wfu_pickatlas, my matlab (2014a) gave me this warning.
Warning: Name is nonexistent or not a directory: spm_lite
> In path at 109
In addpath at 86
In wfu_results\private\wfu_results_defaults at 31
In wfu_results_viewer>wfu_results_OpeningFcn at 103
In gui_mainfcn at 220
In wfu_results_viewer at 70
In wfu_pickatlas>paresults_Callback at 3007
In wfu_pickatlas at 110
In @(hObject,eventdata)wfu_pickatlas('paresults_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))
I am using the wfu_pickatlas_3.0.5b version, and my .nii data were from spm12 with a general pre-processing analysis. 

Then, after I input a SPM.mat file, a popup error was appeared:
'Unable to read time course data from: saveddatapath\swuf~_0011.nii' (This is actually the first nii data file used in my GLM analysis)

After this, I could view the labels and statics of those activated brain areas but with the 'Single Cluster TimeCourse' function inactivated.

Thanks a lot, please help.
Yilin

Nov 24, 2015  02:11 PM | Benjamin Wagner - UT Southwestern Medical Center
RE: wfu_pickatlas error using 'RESULTS' in SPM12
Hi Yyilin,

This seems to be two items:

1) spm_lite
2) reading your timecourse data

For item 1)
  spm_lite is supposed to be in a directory under wfu_tbx_common.  If it is not there then the routine will spit out the error you indicated.  However, this directory should not be added to your path unless SPM is not found.  Is SPM in your path when you started the viewer?  If so, what is it's path?

For item 2)
  This seems to be working as expected.  If the timecourse cannot be read, then the option should be inactive.  If you wish to read the timecourse data, be sure the data exists in the original location when you did your SPM analysis.

Hope this helps.  If not, please let me know.
Ben Wagner
ANSIR Lab
Nov 27, 2015  02:11 AM | yilin chen
Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot. I have solved the first problem by removing the wfu_tbx_common from my SPM path. 
However, for the second item, I double checked that my data was still in the original location when they be analyzed. For doing this I compared the data path saved in the SPM file (SPM.xY.P) and my data's location. So, is there any other possibility that may cause the failure of reading the time course?

Thank you.
Yilin
Dec 1, 2015  03:12 PM | Benjamin Wagner - UT Southwestern Medical Center
Hi Yiin,
  Removing wfu_tbx_common is probably not a good idea has it contains helper functions used by the PickAtlas.  

As for the second item, if the file is in the same location (and has not changed, such as being compressed) then if the file cannot be read it might be potential file corruption.  Are you able to view the file in SPM's display or something like mricron or FSLview?

Ben
Dec 2, 2015  03:12 AM | yilin chen
Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot. I checked my data, it was readable by the SPM display. Also the 'RESULT' function works well with wfu_pickatlas sample data. So, any other possibilities?  

For the first problem, I'm not quite clear about what I should do. So back to the first answer you give me, I suppose the 'directory' is the path of spm_lite, but what's the viewer you are pointing to? Is it the matlab viewer, or the SPM? And what's the 'path' you want see? I tried to set the matlab path to the directory of SPM and also the toolbox of SPM, none of them works. 

Thanks again~
Yilin
Dec 2, 2015  09:12 PM | Benjamin Wagner - UT Southwestern Medical Center
Hello Yilin,
  I'm at a loss for why the viewer is not loading your file if it displays using SPM's DISPLAY.  If there are spaces or other non-alphanumeric characters in the file name or path that could have an impact.  If you are willing to share the SPM.mat and file I could look into it more deeply.  If so, contact me at the address listed in my NITRC account.

You really shouldn't have to add any paths except for the wfu_pickatlas directory to your path.  If you are adding the wfu_results and/or wfu_tbx_common be sure not to add using genpath or the "include subdirectories" option.

Hope this helps,
Ben