help > Different outputs of T1 image with dcm2nii
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Nov 30, 2015  08:11 AM | Chunliang Feng
Different outputs of T1 image with dcm2nii
Hello,

I have been using "dcm2nii" toolbox to convert DICOM Images to NIFTI Images. For T1 (anatomical) images, there are three different .nii outputs: 201***.nii, o201***.nii, and co201***.nii.

Which one is usually used in the later data analysis (e.g., VBM analysis, or normalization for functional data)?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Chunliang
Oct 12, 2016  02:10 PM | Chris Rorden
RE: Different outputs of T1 image with dcm2nii
For 3D acquisitions, my software may create additional images with the 'o' and 'co' prefix. The raw data is saved without a prefix. The 'o' image is rotated to the nearest orthogonal plane as the NIfTI. The raw and 'o' image are identical for tools that fully support the NifTI format (e.g. SPM12), but the 'o' image might appear in a more canonical orientation if you view it in software that shows how the data is saved to disk (e.g. FSLview). The 'co' image attempts to crop excess neck signal that can disrupt coregistration and normalization. I would visually inspect these images, but the 'co' images are often the ideal choice for normalization to stnadard space or coregistration with images that show less neck signal (e.g. fMRI, DTI).
Dec 22, 2016  02:12 PM | Mojdeh Zamyadi
RE: Different outputs of T1 image with dcm2nii
Hi there,
Is there anyway to just get the one original nifti file and not the rotated and cropped? 
thanks