help > visualization problem for meshes
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Feb 10, 2016  08:02 PM | Mohammad farazi - University of Tehran
visualization problem for meshes
Hi,

First of all I really appreciate your efforts dedicated to medical image analysis field and also release public available toolbox for SPHARM-PDM.

my problem : I use default and non-default parameters for applying SPHARM, Then there'll be nothing in postProcessed folder under mesh folder, furthermore when I want to visualize my SPHARM meshes nothing will appeared there(the files are not empty). What is the problem I really am frustrated with this issue. Thanks.
Feb 12, 2016  09:02 AM | Mohammad farazi - University of Tehran
RE: visualization problem for meshes
Hi,

I just solved my problem , it was such a rookie mistake. Again thanks for your sharing toolbox.
Feb 12, 2016  02:02 PM | Martin Styner
Thanks Mohammad
Sorry for the late reply. Can you tell us what the rookie mistake was? Maybe we can improve the documentation of the tool such that other users can avoid it?

Best regards
Martin
Feb 12, 2016  10:02 PM | Mohammad farazi - University of Tehran
I'm really glad you reply to the posts here. First of all I've tried multiple times on Slicer windows edition but from beginning I was receiving errors then I've installed it in Linux. My mistake was that I didn't change the path directory Correctly, however I was receiving results and that was strange for me. Again I implemented each step more carefully and I found out I inserted the directory path by mistake. That was all.

I have another question, How can I use MANCOVA or statistical analysis on my results in slicer? is there any extension? Or I should use the outputs for further analyzing in MATLAB or R ?

Thanks a lot.
Feb 15, 2016  04:02 PM | Martin Styner
Thanks Mohammad, that makes sense. 

Regarding your question: Yes, you can use the shapeAnalysisMANCOVA, but not from within Slicer, i.e. you would need to use the command line interface. The software can be downloaded in the download section. You can also use Matlab or R, though that is not trivial if you want to do a template free, multi-variate analysis such as in shapeAnalysisMANCOVA. Alternatively, you can also use the vertex wise analysis in FSL to do the analysis, though you need to do a few extra steps and it renders the analysis template-specific.

Best regards
Martin
Feb 16, 2016  01:02 PM | Mohammad farazi - University of Tehran
I really appreciate your comprehensive and exhaustive  guidance, Thanks.