open-discussion > NRRD Files not opening in DTIPrep
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 31, 2016  12:03 PM | Susanne Meinert
NRRD Files not opening in DTIPrep
Dear experts,

I am currently using 3D Slicer 4.5.0-1 r24735 and DTIPrep Tools (Qt4) Version 1.2.4 on Ubunto 14.04 64-bit.

I am unable to open the NRRD files that I have converted using the Slicer Module in DTIPrep, receiving the following error message:
ERROR: VectorImage(0x54c8090): A spacing of 0 is not allowed: Spacing is [0, 0, 3]

Could anybody help me solve this problem?
Thanks in advance!
Mar 31, 2016  07:03 PM | Juan Prieto - NIRAL
RE: NRRD Files not opening in DTIPrep
For some reason DTIPrep is discarding the gradients and collapsing the x, y dimensions in the final DTI. 
Can you check which gradients are kept after the QC process?
Mar 31, 2016  07:03 PM | Martin Styner
Hi Juan
I don't think this happens within the DTIPrep processing, but rather this is straight from DWIConvert.

Susanne, did you do the DICOM conversion with DTIPrep (which uses an older module of the slicer dicom conversion) or with Slicer? If not the latter, can you try to convert the data with the newest Slicer release (4.5) and the DWIconverter module?

Martin
Apr 1, 2016  08:04 AM | Susanne Meinert
Thanks Juan. I think Martin is right, the discarding of gradients happens before the QC process.

Hi Martin. At first I did the DICOM conversion with DTIPrep but I have now repeated it with Slicer. Unfortunately it results in the same error message.
ERROR: VectorImage(0x3c20f50): A spacing of 0 is not allowed: Spacing is [0, 0, 3]

Is it possible that our DICOM files are not compatible with the DWIconverter module?
Susanne
Apr 1, 2016  01:04 PM | Martin Styner
That's the most likely cause.I assume you cannot load it into Slicer either.

The DWIConverter module uses a program called DWIConvert, which part of the BRAINSTools project, and you contact the corresponding developers:
http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index....
https://github.com/BRAINSia/BRAINSTools/...

Alternatively you could convert with FSL (if that works) and then DWIConverter to convert from NIFTI (nii.gz) to NRRD

Best regards
Martin